New PB Bluegill

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Garyoutlaw_*

Guest_Garyoutlaw_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2010 - 11:39 AM

With the summer showers beating down on me I was determind to go fishing because I just got permission for a private farm pond that had not been fished in about 10 years. I know rod & reel fishing may not be the choice method for collecting Fish in the wild but it is the law (for sport Fish)here in Ohio. Apon my arival I was shocked how overgrown the bank was and had visions of giant Bass but cast after cast was the reality with not as much as a bite. Just as one storm front passed over it was like a light switch had told the Fish it was time to bite and the action started. Well all said & done I did catch a few nice Fish but none were as nice as this 11" Bluegill

Attached Files

• Attached File  bg.jpg   89.15KB   14 downloads

#2 Guest_davidjh2_*

Guest_davidjh2_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 June 2010 - 03:09 PM

With the summer showers beating down on me I was determind to go fishing because I just got permission for a private farm pond that had not been fished in about 10 years. I know rod & reel fishing may not be the choice method for collecting Fish in the wild but it is the law (for sport Fish)here in Ohio. Apon my arival I was shocked how overgrown the bank was and had visions of giant Bass but cast after cast was the reality with not as much as a bite. Just as one storm front passed over it was like a light switch had told the Fish it was time to bite and the action started. Well all said & done I did catch a few nice Fish but none were as nice as this 11" Bluegill

Wow! That's one sweet looking Bluegill. That's why I started a Bluegill tank. I haven't caught one that big myself in a while.

#3 Guest_BTDarters_*

Guest_BTDarters_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2010 - 12:04 PM

Nice looking 'gill! Also, welcome to the forum!

Brian

#4 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:59 PM

Nice looking 'gill!

Yeah, plus it's a PB! How great is that?

#5 Guest_creekcrawler_*

Guest_creekcrawler_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2010 - 01:53 PM

Very Nice. It's a bluegorilla!

#6 Guest_Garyoutlaw_*

Guest_Garyoutlaw_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2010 - 08:59 PM

2 days in the tank and he scarfed a crawler right from my hands tonight - As stoked as I am with him I kinda screwed up my plans for this tank being devoted to some longear's

#7 Guest_Garyoutlaw_*

Guest_Garyoutlaw_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2010 - 08:47 PM

Though a great representation of a Bull he still has poopy colors - The funny thing is that my 3" turbo punk male has took up shop on the same rock pile as the giant but never seem to bump heads

Attached Files

Edited by Garyoutlaw, 07 July 2010 - 08:53 PM.

#8 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2010 - 08:55 PM

Sorry for my ignorance, but what does "PB" mean?

#9 Guest_panfisherteen_*

Guest_panfisherteen_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:19 PM

personal best 8-)

#10 Guest_MWBradshaw_*

Guest_MWBradshaw_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:51 AM

I find that my sunfish and perch lose their colors quite a bit when the lights are on for a bit, but when my light flicks on for the first time in the morning after a night of darkness these pumpkinseed is showing his coloration and the perch is showing the barring on its sides. I wish they showed all day long though.

#11 Guest_panfisherteen_*

Guest_panfisherteen_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2010 - 12:48 PM

ive read dark colored substrate (i.e. black, dark brown) will bring out their colors, im sure others can prove it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users