Greenhead Shiners colored up nicely this week

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_HeadshotZod_*

Guest_HeadshotZod_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2010 - 04:14 PM

I picked up a bunch of Greenhead shiners a few weeks ago from Dustin. Tuesday I got a nice show out of them.

Youtube video, poor quality

Attached Files

#2 Guest_Jan_*

Guest_Jan_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:30 PM

I picked up a bunch of Greenhead shiners a few weeks ago from Dustin. Tuesday I got a nice show out of them.

Beautiful fish!
What kind of plants are those?

#3 Guest_Kanus_*

Guest_Kanus_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2010 - 08:51 PM

They look great. I collected some when I was down there a few months ago. Mine stayed pretty colorful but not that pretty.

#4 Guest_HeadshotZod_*

Guest_HeadshotZod_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2010 - 09:28 PM

Red Ludwigia "Narrow". For me it grows like a weed. I bought it in February for my 10 gallon. It doubled in size. I transplanted it about a month or so ago in my slate bottomed 20g high. It's growing great. I'll be trimming it back and planting the trimmings. In both tanks it had a standard 14 watt flourescent for planted tanks. I can't remember what kelvin they are. If the light was a bit brighter it would probably be more red. But I keep it toned down a bit for the flag fish. The tank temps were in the 50's and 60's up until about a month ago when it warmed up. 12-14 hours of light.

#5 Guest_Elijah_*

Guest_Elijah_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2010 - 11:13 PM

Nice!

#6 Guest_exasperatus2002_*

Guest_exasperatus2002_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2010 - 11:23 PM

Nice!

Great looking fish! I'll have to add them to my "if my wife lets be set up a 2nd tank" list.

#7 Guest_Elijah_*

Guest_Elijah_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2010 - 12:21 AM

Great looking fish! I'll have to add them to my "if my wife lets be set up a 2nd tank" list.

I HEAR YOU! I am up to 14 tanks and things are getting a little grim with the lady! Think this is my maximum. Damn, I was going to charge the local kids admission to see them!
LOL

#8 Guest_davidjh2_*

Guest_davidjh2_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2010 - 07:15 AM

I HEAR YOU! I am up to 14 tanks and things are getting a little grim with the lady! Think this is my maximum. Damn, I was going to charge the local kids admission to see them!
LOL

14? I have four if you count the 5 gallon hex I have at work and the wife is putting her foot down on any more. 14 tanks? Man I could have some fun with that many hehe.

#9 Guest_HeadshotZod_*

Guest_HeadshotZod_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2010 - 07:37 AM

The colors on Tuesday easily trumped all tropical and salt water fish that I've ever owned.

#10 Guest_BTDarters_*

Guest_BTDarters_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2010 - 11:35 AM

Very cool!!!

Brian

#11 Guest_Elijah_*

Guest_Elijah_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:55 PM

14? I have four if you count the 5 gallon hex I have at work and the wife is putting her foot down on any more. 14 tanks? Man I could have some fun with that many hehe.

Yeah, I'm having fun. A bit obsessed perhaps? he. he.
3 of those tanks are 10 gallons with Pygmy Sunfish, so they don't take up too much room.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users