Some Questions...

4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_greg9087_*

Guest_greg9087_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2010 - 03:26 PM

Im thinking of getting a 75 gallon comunity tank. what are some lower maintance combonations? what do i need? where can i get them?

#2 Guest_Jim_*

Guest_Jim_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2010 - 04:30 PM

Im currently running a 75 gal with 1 Warmouth about 6 inches, 4 Dollar Sunfish, & 3 Pumpkinseed Sunfish. I use a bio-wheel double wheel, hang on mainly for bio, and a Hot Magnum 250 as the main filter. I change about 25 to 50 % of the water monthly from my well, feed sparingly, once a day. And have had no problems in over a year.

The fish came from various places including vendors listed here, and from other NANFA members. I dont think there could be less problems than that. :) Welcome to the forum, and Native fish keeping.

#3 Guest_greg9087_*

Guest_greg9087_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 June 2010 - 07:50 PM

Im currently running a 75 gal with 1 Warmouth about 6 inches, 4 Dollar Sunfish, & 3 Pumpkinseed Sunfish. I use a bio-wheel double wheel, hang on mainly for bio, and a Hot Magnum 250 as the main filter. I change about 25 to 50 % of the water monthly from my well, feed sparingly, once a day. And have had no problems in over a year.

The fish came from various places including vendors listed here, and from other NANFA members. I dont think there could be less problems than that. :) Welcome to the forum, and Native fish keeping.

#4 Guest_Okiimiru_*

Guest_Okiimiru_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2010 - 02:10 PM

This website has nice photos of native fish. http://www.cnr.vt.ed...s/percidae.html You can pick out a species you like the look of and arrange what sort of environment it would enjoy living in. The tankmates would depend on the fish you pick.

Edited by Okiimiru, 14 July 2010 - 02:12 PM.

#5 Guest_schambers_*

Guest_schambers_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 July 2010 - 04:46 PM

This website has nice photos of native fish. http://www.cnr.vt.ed...s/percidae.html You can pick out a species you like the look of and arrange what sort of environment it would enjoy living in. The tankmates would depend on the fish you pick.

That's an excellent way to plan an aquarium, and the way I usually do it. I choose a fish I want to keep and then find suitable tankmates.

Nice website, too!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users