Spammers...

6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_drewish_*

Guest_drewish_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2007 - 10:51 AM

Please understand that we will get spammers. We are currently looking at increasing the spam-prevention portion of the software.

Since a lot of spammers originate from international email addresses, we have started banning whole international domains. If you are a legitimate user with only an international email address, please send an email to the forum admin.

Please bear with us and I apologize for any inappropriate content that may be seen before a moderator cleans it up.

#2 Guest_edbihary_*

Guest_edbihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2007 - 12:24 PM

Please bear with us and I apologize for any inappropriate content that may be seen before a moderator cleans it up.

You guys must be doing a really good job, because I have never seen spam here :D/

#3 Guest_teleost_*

Guest_teleost_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2007 - 12:36 PM

You guys must be doing a really good job, because I have never seen spam here :D/

Take my word for it, if you see an advertisement don't even click on the topic. Some very ugly stuff has made it through. We usually have it off the page in minutes but we can't be here all the time.

#4 Guest_sandtiger_*

Guest_sandtiger_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2007 - 12:37 PM

I have seen a couple SPAM threads while here, they never lasted long. How many do you typically get in a given period of time?

#5 Guest_drewish_*

Guest_drewish_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2007 - 12:42 PM

I have seen a couple SPAM threads while here, they never lasted long. How many do you typically get in a given period of time?

We've gone weeks where we've had none. This past week has been pretty bad, somewhere around 10. It really is a sign of how popular this forum is getting. We are pretty relevant on web searches now so the spam-bots are finding us easier.

#6 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2007 - 08:30 PM

We've gone weeks where we've had none. This past week has been pretty bad, somewhere around 10. It really is a sign of how popular this forum is getting. We are pretty relevant on web searches now so the spam-bots are finding us easier.

Have you considered making it where you have to approve all memberships?

#7 Guest_drewish_*

Guest_drewish_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 January 2007 - 08:47 PM

Have you considered making it where you have to approve all memberships?

Yeah, thought about it and don't really want to. That will eliminate all of it, but I believe we can put measures in stop spammers from joining without inconveniencing new members.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users