Brown Bullhead?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_njJohn_*

Guest_njJohn_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2010 - 06:18 AM

I hoping for a madom. I did the overnight tin can trick. But, while checking the can I did some dip netting and got this guy. I know its a fast growing eating machine, it gives me an excuse to set up my 55gal. Its about 2.5".
Sorry about the size or quality of the pic. I uploaded it from my phone.

Posted Image

Edited by njJohn, 04 July 2010 - 06:19 AM.

#2 Guest_CATfishTONY_*

Guest_CATfishTONY_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2010 - 07:35 AM

nice fish.
what is the ?

#3 Guest_njJohn_*

Guest_njJohn_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:08 AM

Just not totally sure its a brown bullhead. He hides some during the day. Very active at night. And vacumes the bottom, eating flakes and pellets. His tankmates are banded killies that pay him no mind. I'm sure some of them will end up food, one day.

The pic looked much better on my phone, sorry.

#4 Guest_CATfishTONY_*

Guest_CATfishTONY_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:12 AM

Just not totally sure its a brown bullhead. He hides some during the day. Very active at night. And vacumes the bottom, eating flakes and pellets. His tankmates are banded killies that pay him no mind. I'm sure some of them will end up food, one day.

The pic looked much better on my phone, sorry.

njJohn, your fish is a Ameiurus.
Do you have a better camera to take pictures with?
here is a link to help id your fish.
your killies wil be eaten at some point.

http://tolweb.org/Ameiurus/68927

here is another link for catfish.

http://www.planetcatfish.com/

#5 Guest_njJohn_*

Guest_njJohn_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2010 - 01:02 AM

Thanks for the links. I joined catfish planet.

I have a good camera. But, once I download them my computer doesn't allow me to upload or right click on images. Gotta send this baby to the PC shop. So, I just tried to uplaod direct from my cell phone.

#6 Guest_CATfishTONY_*

Guest_CATfishTONY_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:13 AM

Thanks for the links. I joined catfish planet.

I have a good camera. But, once I download them my computer doesn't allow me to upload or right click on images. Gotta send this baby to the PC shop. So, I just tried to uplaod direct from my cell phone.

our forum will only use file 10 megs or less.
go to this web site http://www.gimp.org/windows/ and download gimp its a free software to edit ct's (pictures).
change the file size(scale down) and save as a jpg, most camera save file as raw data jpg work better on the net.
then upload new file.i hope this helps you in the future.

#7 Guest_njJohn_*

Guest_njJohn_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2010 - 03:49 PM

It seems to be a little darty today and rubbing against things. Do they get any fungus's or anything like that? Still feeding and acting pretty normal.

#8 Guest_schambers_*

Guest_schambers_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2010 - 07:35 PM

It seems to be a little darty today and rubbing against things. Do they get any fungus's or anything like that? Still feeding and acting pretty normal.

All fish will rub against things to scratch themselves occasionally, they don't have fingers. :tongue: It's normal for a recently collected fish to have some itchy spots. However, any fish can get a fungus. Bullheads are tough, and unless you see obvious white fuzz, you don't need to treat it. I treat fungus with Maroxy.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users