Hello!

9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_BioHazard_*

Guest_BioHazard_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2010 - 06:56 PM

Hey! I have had the NANFA site saved for a while now, but never realized you had a forum! I am a biology student, just starting on my MS after realizing my BA was useless (lol). I have several freshwater tanks, but do not have any natives right now. I enjoy setting up minnow traps and netting natives for identification and photographing. I also enjoy checking out native invertebrates.

#2 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 July 2010 - 07:19 PM

Welcome to the Forum. Biohazards was the name of our departmental softball team at UMassBoston, we were actually good... Do you have a research project sorted out yet?

#3 Guest_njJohn_*

Guest_njJohn_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2010 - 12:57 AM

Welcome,
Biohazard is also a metal band from Brooklyn. "and when your in Brooklyn, you best watch your back!"

#4 Guest_BioHazard_*

Guest_BioHazard_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:28 PM

Welcome to the Forum. Biohazards was the name of our departmental softball team at UMassBoston, we were actually good... Do you have a research project sorted out yet?

Not yet... hoping to soon though. Its summer, so most of the profs are doing there own things. I would love to do something with fish, but none of my professors specialize in that, so it's pretty unlikely. Thanks for asking though!

#5 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2010 - 06:37 PM

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like it's time to setup one of those freshwater tanks for native. We look forward to your knowledge and photos.

#6 Guest_dmarkley_*

Guest_dmarkley_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2010 - 03:06 PM

Not yet... hoping to soon though. Its summer, so most of the profs are doing there own things. I would love to do something with fish, but none of my professors specialize in that, so it's pretty unlikely. Thanks for asking though!

Where are you at in PA? There are a few of us here, I'm near Lancaster.

Dean

#7 Guest_BioHazard_*

Guest_BioHazard_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2010 - 09:37 AM

Where are you at in PA? There are a few of us here, I'm near Lancaster.

Dean

I live near Bloomsburg University, my alma mater. :) Seems like Lancaster has the fish market cornered, lol. I believe you have an aquarium club down there as well. I would LOVE to see one start up here *sigh*.

#8 Guest_donkeyman876_*

Guest_donkeyman876_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2010 - 08:40 PM

Welcome friend!! I hope you find everything you need and enjoy the forum. Can't wait to see some of the minnow trap photos!

#9 Guest_haydenreed2k101_*

Guest_haydenreed2k101_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2011 - 06:54 PM

hi,i am hayden reed
wellcome
Riparian comes from the Latin word ripa, which means bank. Riparian zones are areas of transition between aquatic and upland ecosystems, and they offer numerous, yet often overlooked, benefits to wildlife and people. Although riparian zones comprise a small proportion of the total landscape, they are among the most diverse biological systems on earth. As our population increases, there will be increased pressures to use riparian areas for a variety of commercial and recreational purposes. It is vital that we all become involved in the conservation and restoration of these areas.
==================================================================================================================
http://www.caravanma...s-for-sale.html '>caravan sales

#10 Guest_dmarkley_*

Guest_dmarkley_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2011 - 08:36 AM

I live near Bloomsburg University, my alma mater. :) Seems like Lancaster has the fish market cornered, lol. I believe you have an aquarium club down there as well. I would LOVE to see one start up here *sigh*.

There is indeed a strong aquarium club here. However they tend to specialize in "invasives and exotics" aka tropicals! We also do have a prety good corner on the fish market with That Fish Place/That Pet Place.

Bloomsburg is not so far. Maybe we can arrange some collecting if PA ever breaks out of this ice age? Got any redfin pickerel around up there?

Dean

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users