minnow trapping: A bucket of bass

4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_FirstChAoS_*

Guest_FirstChAoS_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2010 - 02:05 AM

I set a minnow trap in grassy pond hoping to catch the elusive creek chubsucker. I baited it with ritz crackers.

What I got suprised me, a bucket of baby bass.

Posted Image

Sure last time i was their i saw alot of bass fry, but still it suprised me for a minnow trap haul.

Despite the dry shot in the bucket they recovered and swam off.

Here is a pic of the largest of them.

Posted Image

I wish they stayed that small. They really have a striking patterning as sunfish go. But due to their size they are on my do not keep list.

#2 Guest_donkeyman876_*

Guest_donkeyman876_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:39 AM

Cool; it's good to see a nice healthy population.

#3 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2010 - 07:30 AM

looks like a bucket of dead bass. why are they dead? and why are they in a bucket with no water in it? [-X

Edited by bumpylemon, 12 July 2010 - 08:30 AM.

#4 Guest_bumpylemon_*

Guest_bumpylemon_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2010 - 08:31 AM

looks like a bucket of dead bass. why are they dead? and why are they in a bucket with no water in it? [-X

for some reason i totally missed the line of the dry bucket lol :-&

#5 Guest_FirstChAoS_*

Guest_FirstChAoS_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2010 - 11:13 AM

They were in a dry bucket for photographys sake to show they were bass, they were returned to the water immediately after and all survived. A few had trouble recovering but slight splashing to move water over their gills quickly sent them swimming off. basicly they were only in the bucket for as long as it took to snap the photo then returned to the water. I didn't keep them out long as I wanted them to live.

Edited by FirstChAoS, 12 July 2010 - 11:14 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users