Who shops at Petsmart?

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_bearskookums_*

Guest_bearskookums_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2007 - 01:34 AM

Just wondering who shops at Petsmart here..anyway...not sure if its already posted here but just wanna share this tip...at Petsmart...you can look online and see what you want and then print out that page showing the online price and bring it in to the store and price match it. Its their company policy.
I saved so much just doing this...I bought the Freshwater Master Test Kit for $13.50(pricematched)...in the store it was $30-$35...Also I am going back to get a filter and a powerhead...the filter cost $22+ in store and online price is $13.99....Powerhead around $22+ in store and online is $15.99...so you get the drift...Pretty cool way to save...just print before you head out... :)

#2 Guest_dredcon_*

Guest_dredcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2007 - 06:12 AM

I saved hunderds of dollars like that one filters last year.

#3 Guest_killier_*

Guest_killier_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2007 - 07:34 AM

I cant say that I go to petco or petsmart I've got so many friends at both places I cant shop at ether one
:-(

#4 Guest_nativecajun_*

Guest_nativecajun_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2007 - 08:15 AM

Let me see if I understand this correctly. You get prices from their competitors?? and they will match or beat it??? At first I thought you were going to ask if I bought fish there. And the answer would be absolutly NO. One water system for all the tanks. No thanks, but for the equipement tip that is great to know thanks for the tipoff.

#5 Guest_teleost_*

Guest_teleost_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2007 - 09:38 AM

Let me see if I understand this correctly. You get prices from their competitors?? and they will match or beat it??? At first I thought you were going to ask if I bought fish there. And the answer would be absolutly NO. One water system for all the tanks. No thanks, but for the equipement tip that is great to know thanks for the tipoff.

Actually nativecuajun, the petsmart advertised online price rarely matches the petsmart in store price. The in store price is almost always substantially higher. Bearskookums is recommending printing the online price for the same store (petsmart) and brining in a printed copy of the on line price as a type of coupon (at petsmart).

I never new this Bearskookums thanks for the tip. This would have saved me quite a bit of money and time had I known this before.

#6 Guest_ashtonmj_*

Guest_ashtonmj_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2007 - 10:53 AM

Glad it works for you but it seems like they have a silly policy. Almost every online retail branch of a chain store has cheaper prices online because in the end the S&H makes it about even. I can't believe they match that. I understand matching a competitors price, almost everyone does that. I'll have to give it a whirl sometime.

#7 Guest_dredcon_*

Guest_dredcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2007 - 01:08 PM

The price difference is amost half the cost of some filters and powerheads. I've been given a hard time once or twice, but its worth it.

#8 Guest_bearskookums_*

Guest_bearskookums_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2007 - 02:11 PM

Definitely give it a go...really saves a lot...depending on the store manager...but most of them dont even say a word...cause they know its company policy...when ever you take your stuff up to the cashier...and hand them the print-out...they will call the manager or who ever has the "override" key over and do the price match...the other day I bought some fake bamboo plant that was around $14 a piece and I got 4 for less than that...also sign up for Petperks card and also sign up email and you will get some coupons...recently I got a $5 coupon(for anything above $15) and you can print a few and use them throughout the month before it expires...also you can get coupons online by doing a search...

#9 Guest_nativecajun_*

Guest_nativecajun_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2007 - 04:57 PM

Good to know. And dredcon hard times bother me none. The can get hotter than H I do not care. A policy is a policy. I have been know to give it right back to them at times [-X

#10 Guest_dredcon_*

Guest_dredcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2007 - 05:54 PM

Good to know. And dredcon hard times bother me none. The can get hotter than H I do not care. A policy is a policy. I have been know to give it right back to them at times [-X

I did not care either, I got my savings.

#11 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2007 - 08:06 PM

A policy is a policy. I have been know to give it right back to them at times [-X

Unless the customer wants to return something and it's against "policy". Then the shoe is on the other foot and everything is different! As in, "I don't care what your policy is...", etc

20 years in retail management here :-) I never argue about stuff like that - it's silly and wastes time.

#12 Guest_bearskookums_*

Guest_bearskookums_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 January 2007 - 08:10 PM

Yup I used to be in retail too..but I can believe some sales associates would spend 30mins arguing with a customer about a return...you almost think that sales associate has some share in company stock.
But funny thing I once saw someone took a return on some product we dont even carry. lol.
I just checked another forum and some petsmart even pricematch other online stores like Big Al's...not all...so you must call your local petsmart to check...

#13 Guest_amystours_*

Guest_amystours_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2007 - 07:35 PM

Hi! This might be a little unethical, but I work at PetSmart, and got my Rena Filstar XP3 for $99, when in the store, it's like $180. That price came from a Dr. Foster and Smith catalog, I just brought it up there, and they gave me the filter for that price. Granted, I couldn't get my employee discount with that, but that's okay.

On a lighter note, I'm brand new here...I'm currently a Biology major at Louisiana State University in Alexandria, and I'm taking a Natural History of the Vertebrates class. We are currently catching fish and we have to ID them down to species on sight (well, some of them, think we have a list of about 20 to ID to species, and about 40 to ID to family). To get to the point, I was having a bit of trouble with some sort of minnow, and ended up here!

Seems like a wonderful site, you guys have already made the shortcut to my desktop!!!

#14 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2007 - 04:57 AM

Unethical - no. IMO employees are entitled to the same treatment as the customers, except in unusual situations.

Biology major,eh? Well, you're in good company here!

#15 Guest_bearskookums_*

Guest_bearskookums_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2007 - 06:42 AM

Hey welcome Amystours...you got a good deal there hahah...anyway today I went to Petsmart and got a Aqua Clear filter and a Aqua Clear Powerhead. The powerhead was $27.99 or something like that but I had a printout for pricematching for $14.99...the cashier looked at it and said I dont know if I can pricematch this...so she called the store manager and they both looked at it for a long time...and I found out that they were debating whether to give me the price match or not cause the printout said Aqua Clear 201 powerhead...and the actual box says Aqua Clear 20...it even has a print saying "formerly Aqua Clear 201"...but they looked at it for a while...and then the manager said That Doesn't sound right but I will go ahead and do it...
Anyway I set up my Aqua Clear 30 and its making a rattling noise in the impeller...dont know maybe it needs to be broken in? I checked and everything looks fine though...

#16 Guest_amystours_*

Guest_amystours_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2007 - 06:04 PM

Hey there Bear, try unplugging the filter, then taking the impeller out and reseating it. Those things get jostled all over the place, and lots of times just get loose. If that won't help, bring that sucker back!!! lol

Thankies for the welcomes!

#17 Guest_4WheelVFR_*

Guest_4WheelVFR_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2007 - 09:58 PM

I'll shop at Petco if I have to (no Petsmart here), but otherwise I buy 99% of my fish and dog supplies from Drs. Foster and Smith.

#18 Guest_fisgokie_*

Guest_fisgokie_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2007 - 05:19 PM

do they pricematch fish say from petsolutions?

#19 Guest_amystours_*

Guest_amystours_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2007 - 09:21 PM

I'm not sure if they pricematch on fish or not....hmm...good question. The PetSmart here doesn't really have a good variety of fish, anyway. Once in a while, we get in a few nice African Cichlids.

#20 Guest_nativecajun_*

Guest_nativecajun_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2007 - 09:14 AM

Just wondering who shops at Petsmart here..anyway...not sure if its already posted here but just wanna share this tip...at Petsmart...you can look online and see what you want and then print out that page showing the online price and bring it in to the store and price match it. Its their company policy.
I saved so much just doing this...I bought the Freshwater Master Test Kit for $13.50(pricematched)...in the store it was $30-$35...Also I am going back to get a filter and a powerhead...the filter cost $22+ in store and online price is $13.99....Powerhead around $22+ in store and online is $15.99...so you get the drift...Pretty cool way to save...just print before you head out... :)

To make sure understand they will match other stores prices??

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users