Member Profile -- Posts and Topics

5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_blakemarkwell_*

Guest_blakemarkwell_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:48 PM

Howdy Forum Staff,

I was wondering what happened to forum members post and topic history that was available when viewing their profile. There is still the option to view the users post and topics, but it only displays the last three topics (most recent) or so and not a comprehensive list like it used to. I always frequent many topics that are no longer active -- Uland's DIY photo tank and aquarium stand instructionals are coming to mind -- I was able to track down the photo tank instructional via searching; however, still can't find his aquarium stand instructional, which prompted this question. It's not a big deal, just a bit annoying for me as I find it faster to pin down the users profile and view their topic history as oppose to searching keywords (I can almost always remember the user who posted the interesting topic, but searching brings up a lot of unrelated topics if I'm not precise enough with my keywords).

I appreciate any insight into this change and let me know if there is a way to resurrect the old and comprehensive list of topics.

Blake

Edited by blakemarkwell, 28 July 2010 - 07:52 PM.

#2 Guest_donkeyman876_*

Guest_donkeyman876_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:50 PM

Howdy Forum Staff,

I was wondering what happened to forum members post and topic history that was available when viewing their profile. There is still the option to view the users post and topics, but it only displays the last three topics (most recent) or so and not a comprehensive list like it used to. I always frequent many topics that are no longer active -- Uland's DIY photo tank and aquarium stand instructionals are coming to mind -- I was able to pin down the photo tank instructional via searching; however, still can't find his aquarium stand instructional, which prompted this question. It's not a big deal, just a bit annoying for me as I find it faster to pin down the users profile and view their topic history as oppose to searching keywords (I can almost always remember the user who posted the interesting topic, but searching brings up a lot of unrelated topics if I'm not precise enough with my keywords).

I appreciate any insight into this change and if there is a way to resurrect it.

Blake

When you click on a members name underneath their picture it says "Find My Content." Hopefully that's what you were looking for.

Ben

#3 Guest_blakemarkwell_*

Guest_blakemarkwell_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2010 - 07:59 PM

Nope, I knew about that. Anyways, thanks for the suggestion. Hopefully Drew or Uland can chime in.

Blake

#4 Guest_donkeyman876_*

Guest_donkeyman876_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:05 PM

Nope, I knew about that. Anyways, thanks for the suggestion. Hopefully Drew or Uland can chime in.

Blake

Yup, they'd know best. Sorry I couldn't help.

#5 Guest_Drew_*

Guest_Drew_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:18 PM

I noticed a change in that profile functionality as well. I'm still digging around to see if I can get it back.

To find all topics by Uland using Advanced search,

check the "Search titles only" box
type "Uland" in the Find author field
click "Forums" for the Search in section option
click "Search Now"

#6 Guest_Uland_*

Guest_Uland_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 July 2010 - 08:24 PM

I'm not sure what to say....
The search function really isn't great but with the last update, I see much of the nonsense has been filtered via the advanced search function.
I managed to find that topic doing this: keyword -stand, uland as the author and search title only in forums....only one topic came up and this is this- "stand"

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users