This camera looks interesting

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2010 - 10:14 PM

Pentax W90 LINK

Waterproof to 20 feet, 5x optical zoom, 12MP, shockproof (1.2 meters), Coldproof to -10C, HD video recording (30fps),and a "microscope" mode for ultra closeups.

MSRP is $340, street price around $250.

#2 Guest_joia2181_*

Guest_joia2181_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2010 - 07:38 AM

Wow,

I have a cannon D10 thats waterproof and has a bunch of bells and whisltes but this thing has optical zoom and digital microscope function that blows away a macro format. I want one!

#3 Guest_khudgins_*

Guest_khudgins_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2010 - 09:06 PM

Pentax W90 LINK

Waterproof to 20 feet, 5x optical zoom, 12MP, shockproof (1.2 meters), Coldproof to -10C, HD video recording (30fps),and a "microscope" mode for ultra closeups.

MSRP is $340, street price around $250.

We've found from experience that macro supplemental lighting is critical to taking really nice underwater shots. Casper's basically got the same Olympus Stylus underwater camera as I do, except he's got a built-in LED macro light that I don't. Now, he's just flat-out better at taking photos than I am, too - that's part of the difference, but he says the light is important. This camera you're linking has 3, so as long as they don't scare off the fish, I'm thinking that's a fantastic camera and a great deal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users