New Jersey Trip

No replies to this topic

#1 Guest_davidjh2_*

Guest_davidjh2_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:30 PM

It's getting towards the end of Aug which means means not too many more collecting trips without wearing waders. I wouldn't mind getting one more good trip in. I know of only one other member from NJ and if anyone from Penn or NY would like to do something let's start planning. I'm thinking about the Millstone river and possibly some tributary creeks. I know parts of the Millstone very well around the Kingston/Rocky Hill area including some shallow parts suitable for wading.I know there are at least 3 species of Sunfish in the river Redbreast,Bluegill and Pumpkinseed plus Crappie, Chain Pickerel, Northern Pike(kind of rare but recently stocked) Large and Smallmouth Bass, Yellow Perch, Channel and Yellow Bullhead catfish and at least one species of Darter,Eastern Blacknosed Daces and Creek Chubs not sure what variety. I probably left some out and missed some smaller species since I haven't properly sampled it yet.

There are at least 2 cold water creeks that I'd like to explore that feed into it at different areas and the Delware-Raritan Canal runs parallel to it for about 10 miles. I really don't need anything for my tanks I just want to get out for the day.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users