2010 NANFA Convention - Book Raffle.
Posted 24 September 2010 - 06:57 PM
The 2010 NANFA Convention (October 14-19, Ash Meadows, NV) is fast approaching!!
We are writing to invite you to participate in the raffle that will take place at the 2010 NANFA Convention. We have selected several raffle items that will be open to all and there is no need to be present at the Convention to win. We will accept payment via the "Donate" button on the NANFA webpage and individuals will specify their raffle ticket distribution on the available books. To make this effort worthwhile to NANFA, we are requesting a $5 minimum which will get you 5 raffle tickets, extra tickets are a dollar each. These tickets can be nominated for each prize in any way you would like (ie- 5 tickets on one book, 3 on one book / 2 on another, etc). There is no maximum limit on ticket purchases. For example, $10 will get you 10 raffle tickets, etc. Your name will be written on raffle tickets and included in the raffle drawing at the NANFA convention on October 16th (the last day to purchase online is Oct 15th). Raffle proceeds are very important to our organization and will help to carry out NANFA's mission. We encourage everyone to participate.
Anyone can purchase raffle tickets for the following 3 books:
1) Fishes of Mexico (Miller, Minckley and Norris)
2) Fishes of Alabama (Boschung, Mayden and Tomelleri), signed by all three authors
3) Handbook of Darters (Page), (Book is used; from J.Bondhus library)
Directions to purchase raffle tickets online-
1) Go to the NANFA webpage - www.nanfa.org
2) Click on the "Donate" button (lower left hand corner),
3) Enter dollar amount (then click Update) and fill out billing details (NOTE- $5 minimum, no maximum),
4) Click on "Review Donation and Continue",
5) IMPORTANT STEP - (on the second page) - Click on "Add Special Instructions to the Seller". Add a note specifying your ticket distribution on the 3 books. Alabama = Fishes of Alabama, Mexico = Fishes of Mexico, and Darters = Handbook of Darters. You have to be clear on which book raffle you would like your tickets to go towards, as each book will be an independent raffle. For example, for $5 (minimum donation) - the special instructions could be 3 tickets for Fishes of Alabama and 2 tickets for Fishes of Mexico and would be stated in the Special Instructions as " 3 -Alabama, 2-Mexico". NOTE - be sure that your Donation dollar amount is reflected in your ticket distribution and your ticket distribution total equals the dollar amount (ie - $5 = 5 tickets, $10 = 10 tickets, etc).
6) The last day to purchase tickets online is October 15th.
Raffle tickets can also be purchased by check, but must be received by October 12th. There are no minimum limit on the number of tickets that can be purchased via mail. Please remember to include information on which books your raffle tickets are for. Send the check to: NANFA, PO Box 1596, Milton WA 98354-1596.
If you have any questions, please contact Scott Schlueter at Scott_Schlueter@hotmail.com.
NY Regional Rep (Central and Western NY)
Posted 07 October 2010 - 08:33 AM
Do not miss your chance to purchase raffle tickets for the outstanding books being offered. As Peter suggested, the Fishes of Alabama is signed by all three authors!! The opportunity to purchase raffle tickets online was an idea generated to include those who could not make the Convention. I encourage everyone not attending to make some time to log on and buy some raffle tickets. There are great books being offered and raffle donations help support the mission of our great organization.
Posted 25 October 2010 - 07:20 PM
The raffle drawing was held at Death Valley National Park and tickets were drawn by our guest speakers. The winners are as follows:
Handbook of Darters - Dustin Smith
Fishes of Mexico - Nick Zarlinga
Fishes of Alabama (signed) - Rudy Arndt