tankmates

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_BlokOne_*

Guest_BlokOne_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2007 - 06:18 PM

is there any sunfish that can be kept with a 5in dojo loach, a 8in dojo loach and a 4in comon pleco?

#2 Guest_Lee_*

Guest_Lee_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2007 - 06:26 PM

tank size?

#3 Guest_BlokOne_*

Guest_BlokOne_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2007 - 08:08 PM

a 10 or 20 with alot of plants/driftwood

#4 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2007 - 08:23 PM

I know nothing about loaches, but considering tank size it would probably be best to stick with Bluespotted, Banded, or Black Banded sunfish. All are smaller species that would work in a 20 gallon aquarium. Most of the Lepomis would be quite uncomfortable in a tank that small.

#5 Guest_smbass_*

Guest_smbass_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2007 - 09:01 PM

What skipjack said... The only lepomis I would consider would be the smallest two, Orangespotted and Bantam Sunfish, both of which are rather dossile.

#6 Guest_Lee_*

Guest_Lee_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2007 - 10:51 PM

I'm pretty sure you shouldn't be putting those fish in a tank that small as it is. Common plecs get HUGE, and need MONSTER tanks, Not uncommon for them to get over a foot. Also, I'm not an expert on loaches, but I think they need 3-4 to be happy to school, and also need good sized tanks.

My advice = Much larger tank.

#7 Guest_BlokOne_*

Guest_BlokOne_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2007 - 11:39 PM

i know how big common plecos get i have one that is 16inches now and have seen one at almost 2 feet. this would not be a permanent home for them. i am just wondering if any of the species would be compatable, i will have a 55 for them in early march.

#8 Guest_Lee_*

Guest_Lee_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 January 2007 - 01:31 AM

Well, as long as there is no fighting then it would be fine temporarily.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users