Pictures of my 40B native tank

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Odessa87_*

Guest_Odessa87_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:38 PM

Just set up a 40B as an upgrade from my previous tank. Substrate is a layer of gravel from old tank and creek sand/gravel on top. Driftwood was collected from the Susquehanna River.

In the tank are:

3x juvenile Bluegill for grow out
5x Emerald Shiner
5x Blacknose Dace
2x Banded Killifish
1x crawfish

For some reason, the color is really washed out in pictures. Grr.

Full Tank Shots

Posted Image

Posted Image

My largest Bluegill

Posted Image

Posted Image

#2 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2010 - 07:46 PM

Very very nice looking tank. I LOVE that piece of driftwood. Substrate is nice too. Are the plants real?

#3 Guest_donkeyman876_*

Guest_donkeyman876_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2010 - 08:19 PM

That' a very nice looking tank. Blacknose Dace have great personalities and are really neat fish to keep.

#4 Guest_Odessa87_*

Guest_Odessa87_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 November 2010 - 09:32 PM

Thanks guys!

jblaylock - no, the plants are fake. I've had bad luck keeping crawfish with real plants as they keep eating at them even when well fed. And thanks for the props on the driftwood. I was so happy I found it, even though it took 3 trips to the exact same spot to find it. LOL Don't know how I missed the first two times around.

Donkeyman - ya, I love my Blacknose Dace. They are always so inquisitive, and will sometimes nibble at my hands during water changes. The largest Bluegill is quite the character as well.

#5 Guest_berrymilan_*

Guest_berrymilan_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 December 2010 - 05:49 AM

I am very impressed by your tank. Specially the driftwood is looking awesome. Can you share some more snaps with us?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users