FujiFilm FinePix XP10

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2010 - 10:02 AM

Anybody have any opinions on this camera. The reviews I've read and photos/vids I've seen seems to be good. Looks like a decent camera for what I'll need it for. I'd like to have a camera to take out collecting and a little of underwater photography. It would also be good to take on vacation beach/ocean (I ruined a camera at the beach due to sand). I'm thinking of putting this on my Christmas list, any thoughts?

http://www.fujifilm....p/finepix_xp10/

#2 Guest_EricaWieser_*

Guest_EricaWieser_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 November 2010 - 03:08 PM

It's got 12 megapixels and 5x optical zoom. Those are both good. Hmmm. *investigates* ...

I found it for $133.01 and $6.99 shipping on http://www.electroni...L&source=google
Not bad. As a technophile, I see no problems with this purchase. See if you can get a one year manufacturer's warranty; that would make it even better. :)

Edited by EricaWieser, 07 November 2010 - 03:10 PM.

#3 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 08 November 2010 - 07:29 PM

megapixels are good, zooms are OK... but for good fish photos, I find that I often want to use the macro or supermacro settings... I would look into those... small darters in streams, take a mice macro to get a good portrait.

another thing to look into is what used ot be shutter speed... how fast can it take a picture and stop the action... like a big cyprinella shiner in the torrent zipping in an out... if your camera takes 3/4 of a second after you push the buttin to take the picture, you will get a lot of good photos of the rocks...

just some thoughts form a guy who has taken a lot fo blurry pictures of darters and shiners...
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#4 Guest_schambers_*

Guest_schambers_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:02 PM

It looks great, we'd appreciate a review if you get one!

#5 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 November 2010 - 07:59 AM

It looks great, we'd appreciate a review if you get one!

I hope santawife brings me one [-o<

#6 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2011 - 09:46 PM

I did receive the Fujifilm Finepix XP10 for Christmas. Most of the photos on my tank build thread was taken with this camera (the photos after January). Seen HERE. The camera is small and compact. It comes in several colors, I have the black model. I haven't taken a ton of photos yet. The LCD playback screen isn't the greatest. Photos look better once they have downloaded to your cpu. The menu's are easy to navigate. The automatic settings are decent, but flash/lighting/etc... need to be adjusted in certain circumstances. This seems to be the biggest drawback at this point. It seems like the auto setting doesn't work well in dim lighting situations, it is best to use it on a manual setting. This may not be a huge drawback as I will be using it mostly outside. It has photos/video mode. HERE are some videos of my fish tank, these are not taken underwater. I will get much more use out of it through the warmer months to come.

My first underwater photos are found Here. Keep in mind it was cloudy outside and the water was a little stained.

Overall so far this is a good buy. My wife found this on sale for about $120, and had a $15 off coupon, making this just a tad over $100. This probably wouldn't work for a serious photographer, but for me it will be great. I will use it for underwater pics, and to take with me fishing. I won't have to worry about dropping it in a creek or splashing water on it. It will also be good on vacation as I have ruined one camera on the beach by getting sand in it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users