NANFA 2011 Conservation Research Grant

2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 November 2010 - 01:14 PM

NANFA offers an annual Conservation Research Grant through a competitive review process, with a maximum award of $1000. This year's deadline for proposals is January 18, 2011. Any questions can be directed to me at stallsb at uah.edu. Applications should include a one page cover letter, no more than two page CV, no more than two pages proposed budget and timeline, and one letter of reference. Only NANFA members in current good standing may apply for this grant. Note that we are interested in proposals with a strong Conservation focus, not merely interesting biology.

#2 Guest_Brooklamprey_*

Guest_Brooklamprey_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2010 - 07:59 AM

NANFA offers an annual Conservation Research Grant through a competitive review process, with a maximum award of $1000. This year's deadline for proposals is January 18, 2011. Any questions can be directed to me at stallsb at uah.edu. Applications should include a one page cover letter, no more than two page CV, no more than two pages proposed budget and timeline, and one letter of reference. Only NANFA members in current good standing may apply for this grant. Note that we are interested in proposals with a strong Conservation focus, not merely interesting biology.

Bruce I have a quick question...
Would Necturus population and monitoring research fall under the qualifications for the grant? Not really a fish but they are an important part of some aquatic systems and a key "canary" species for monitoring a degraded system.

-Richard

#3 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 November 2010 - 09:32 AM

No, I don't think we'd go for that although what you say is true. Directly addressing fish in a narrow sense is still a plenty big target.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users