"Dead" Pleco

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
1 reply to this topic

#1 Guest_blaze88_*

Guest_blaze88_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2010 - 01:14 AM

Hi, sorry I never log on, but I have a fishy emergency.

My 12" pleco, I have no idea what kind, was found this morning laying on his side, spine bent at a 90 degree angle in the middle of the tank. He sucked like he was looking for algea, so I knew he was alive. I had to leave the house and when I came home he looked to have drifted into the rock cave. He didn't move and I wanted to shower after i messed with a dead fish so I waited a few hours. By that time he had wedged himself totally in the cave upside down. I thought he drifted there, but when i accidently dropped the lid to the tank he got startled and moved around a bit. Then he resumed acting dead.

I know plecos can play dead, I bought him from the store discounted cause he had a spinal problem (which they didn't know was just a triptophan deficiency). I am wondering if the awkward bending has to do with it becuase I have given triptophan supplements for about a year and he is still not totally better.

Nothing has changed in the tank, stats are fine, other fish (sunnies, daces, crawdad, etc.) are fine. What is causing this and if it is just him is he super stressed or super relaxed?

#2 Guest_Drew_*

Guest_Drew_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2010 - 08:30 AM

This is an off-topic subject therefore I'm closing this topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users