Anyone want some Gar or Bowfin?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Yeahson421_*

Guest_Yeahson421_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2010 - 11:38 AM

If anyone wants some Gar or Bowfin, I may be able to hook you up. Shoot me a PM and maybe we can work something out.

#2 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2010 - 01:25 PM

Hello Yeah, if you're advertising to trade wild-caught fishes on an interstate basis you should be clear on Minnesota state regulations for this. I honestly don't know MN regs, but doing this through the Forum requires adherence to relevant laws in both the state of origin, and where the fish are going. Thanks!

#3 Guest_Yeahson421_*

Guest_Yeahson421_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 December 2010 - 02:47 PM

Hello Yeah, if you're advertising to trade wild-caught fishes on an interstate basis you should be clear on Minnesota state regulations for this. I honestly don't know MN regs, but doing this through the Forum requires adherence to relevant laws in both the state of origin, and where the fish are going. Thanks!

I was referring to possible collecting trips so you could capture your own OR maybe shipping, but you are right, I would have to check the regulations for this.

#4 Guest_az9_*

Guest_az9_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 December 2010 - 09:22 AM

I was referring to possible collecting trips so you could capture your own OR maybe shipping, but you are right, I would have to check the regulations for this.

I can tell you in aquaculture circles Minnesota is nick named the "Gestapo" when it comes to fish importation and exportation regs and enforcement. At least it appears the bowfin and gar are not on the VHS suceptible list.

#5 Guest_scottsquatch_*

Guest_scottsquatch_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2012 - 09:10 PM

Hey, I know this post is old, but I live in MN and I would totally go after some gar for my 225. Do you know what variety of gar they are and where we would collect them? Lemme know. I am interested.

Scott

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users