Underwater Camera Sale

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Casper_*

Guest_Casper_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 June 2011 - 06:21 PM

I would like to post some pics from this camera but need to get this announcement up ASAP.

Walmart is closing out these cameras locally, and i presume nationally.
The Olympus X-560WP, Underwater Camera.
It shoots 10 megapixel and VGA video at 640x480.
Waterproof to 10'.
Macro and supermacro settings.
NO LED light for supermacro illumination though.

50 bucks.

I bought 4, gave 2 away and keeping one as a backup. The 4th im using now.
They come with a charger, battery, USB and video cords, a chip adapter ( it uses a XD card or a tiny tiny microSDHC chip that fits into the adapter ), hand-strap and manuals / CD.
A 4 gig chip is just 10 bucks.

This is a very cheap way to play with underwater photos and video.

To note i have had erratic leaking issues with my previous 2 Olympus cameras. They can dry out but sometimes they are gone forever. My original Stylus 790 SW has been repaired twice and now the inner lens has a film that shows up on outdoor above water pics. I also have an Olympus StylusWater that i dropped and now functions erratically.

I tend to think the erratic leaking is from not being 100% attentive when closing the hatches. A tiny partical or hair can allow water to wick in.

Nonetheless, even with concerns, this camera is an easy bargain. You can call a Walmart and see if they have any available in your area.

In my area they are all sold out except for 2 locations, one of which has about a dozen left.

Casper

Attached Files

Edited by Casper, 27 June 2011 - 06:28 PM.

#2 littlen

littlen
  • NANFA Member
  • Washington, D.C.

Posted 28 June 2011 - 09:53 AM

A $50 dollar camera that can take a picture of itself sitting on a box? Sign me up ;)
Nick L.

#3 Guest_NVCichlids_*

Guest_NVCichlids_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2011 - 09:57 AM

I checked 3 walmarts in WI and none were on sale of this brand (and this one was still listed full price.) I checked a West Allis Walmart, Pewaukee, and Baraboo (well my parents checked, but still no.)

If I find any I will let you know :)

#4 Guest_Casper_*

Guest_Casper_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:25 PM

Smoke and mirrors without the smoke.

If you cant find the camera let me know.
Send me $100 and i will buy it, include a 4 gig card, pay sales taxes, box everything and pay the shipping.

#5 Guest_NVCichlids_*

Guest_NVCichlids_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 July 2011 - 07:00 AM

I was at my local dive shop yesterday and they had the tough 6060 for $135. I told my wife this would make a great anniversary gift, hopefully she will get the hint.

Thanks for the offer though! If she doesn't, and they sell out, I will send you a PM

#6 Guest_Casper_*

Guest_Casper_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2011 - 10:38 AM

The 10 megapix Olympus X-560WP has a 3x optical zoom. It has an additional digital zoom that you can turn off or leave on as a redline feature. I leave it off. Even the optical zoom requires additional bracing so one must be careful when using it, but at times it does come in handy.
I picked up the last 2 cameras from a regional Walmart last night. Same $50 price but with bonus packaging that included a carabinered case and a wrist float strap. If i drop or lose my camera i do not want it to float downstream but modifying the case to fit my wrist would be handy.
10 megapixels seems to be a good overall count. Trying to get a consistant, accurate focus... now that is the challenge.

Last 2 for me unless i can chase down another regional Walmart.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users