My 135 Stream Tank.

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_MrCatfish_*

Guest_MrCatfish_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:53 AM

Here are a few pics of the filter and manifold.Then a video of the final results.The pump is a
530gph pond pump.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74zi2T07hhk

#2 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2011 - 03:31 PM

That's nice. That pump setup is a good idea also, wish I would have thought of that. Looks very realistic.

#3 Guest_wargreen_*

Guest_wargreen_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 June 2011 - 07:58 PM

Good idea....and it even looks good to boot!

#4 Guest_exasperatus2002_*

Guest_exasperatus2002_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2011 - 08:19 AM

Great idea! Now with some (ok alot) of begging & pleading I'll be able to try that at home with another tank. Can you describe your set up...how you have the spray bar, size of holes, spacing ect. Where does the mulm tend to settle in a river tank like that?

Edited by exasperatus2002, 29 June 2011 - 08:26 AM.

#5 Guest_MrCatfish_*

Guest_MrCatfish_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2011 - 10:23 AM

Thanks everyone!

The spray bar is at the left end of the tank.I have it hidden in the rock work. I didn't measure spacing of the holes,but you do want more holes per inch close to the pump than at the end of the spray bar. This helps not to create a circular flow in you tank.Hole size is 3/16 inch .You will have to experiment how many holes,what size and how long of a spray bar you will need. Every pump and tank will be different.
The mulm doesn't settle in this tank. It gets pulled into the filter.Here is a video before water was added.

#6 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 June 2011 - 04:32 PM

Hows the flow? I am running an uw pump but I'm feeling the output isn't high enough. I think I need a little more flow. Do you have current all the way across the tank?

#7 Guest_MrCatfish_*

Guest_MrCatfish_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 June 2011 - 05:46 AM

I have flow across the front of the tank until it hits the driftwood lying on the bottom. The back of tank current is deflected by the driftwood also.I think I could have more current but I am satisfied with what is their. It is fairly strong the first foot where the flat rock is. Then is slowed by the round rock somewhat.Only regret I have is that I didn't split the spraybar and run a second bar high up in the tank.But I do plan on adding a canister filter and will add a spray bar near the surface.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users