A.C.

20 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_baker46947_*

Guest_baker46947_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:14 PM

Has there been any AC publications since the winter issuse? I have not received any since. Thank you, Randy

#2 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:19 PM

Has there been any AC publications since the winter issuse? I have not received any since. Thank you, Randy

No, there has not, but there was some discussion last week that the next issue is at the printers... and work has already started on the issue after that...
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#3 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2011 - 09:19 PM

Looking forward to the next issue!

#4 Guest_Drew_*

Guest_Drew_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2011 - 06:05 PM

Just got the bulk shipment so the latest issue is on its way....

#5 Guest_pylodictis_*

Guest_pylodictis_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2011 - 06:47 PM

Just got the bulk shipment so the latest issue is on its way....

Drew, how many are printed?

#6 Guest_Drew_*

Guest_Drew_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 July 2011 - 10:08 PM

Drew, how many are printed?

I don't know the totals. Regional representatives get a few extra for distribution and those get out a few days before the others.

#7 Guest_harryknaub_*

Guest_harryknaub_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2011 - 07:08 AM

I don't know the totals. Regional representatives get a few extra for distribution and those get out a few days before the others.

I know Casper's keeping up his end. I was at the Tennessee Aquarium on the 4th and I was happy to see several copies of AC on sale in the gift shop.

By the way, I have wanted to get to that aquarium for years and I was definitly not disappionted.

Harry Knaub

#8 Guest_pylodictis_*

Guest_pylodictis_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:35 AM

That's awesome, defiantly a great way of getting NANFA's name out there. Drew, does the Virginia Marine Science Museum or Virginia Living museum carry them?

#9 Guest_Drew_*

Guest_Drew_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2011 - 10:48 AM

That's awesome, defiantly a great way of getting NANFA's name out there. Drew, does the Virginia Marine Science Museum or Virginia Living museum carry them?

Not that I know of.

#10 Guest_Casper_*

Guest_Casper_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2011 - 03:40 PM

I recieved a package of Nevada Issue American Currents yesterday. I always get those 5 issue packets first. Yes H. Knaub i pass most of them onto the Tennessee Aquarium because they have been good to NANFA on several occasions and this placement has recruited several members over the years. I also keep a few to pass onto to potential members who visit me or i meet while on my fishy streamside wanders. A very few get put in the local Fish Mania shop, ( which makes me think i should put up a poster or something for recruitment but that opens up the difficulty of Tennessee's frustrating TWRA regulations ). As a regional representative i would think we are suppose to reach out to the community / state and i do this in addition to hosting open invitation NANFA membership gatherings at least once a year.

Well Harry, so you were in town over the 4th. I have some wallpaper that is coming loose you could have helped me with.
:(

Our new editor is getting his system in place. I have provided him an article with photos and captions from CFI, aka Conservation Fisheries up in Knoxville, TN. Some of you have heard of them or perhaps even visited Pat or JR. A recent article was in National Geographic about their work, but let me tell you we have some better photographs on the forum than were printed in that issue! We have several excellent members who are getting out, in and under with quality gear and working at being in the right spot at the right time... and often shivering prolonged cold to do it!

Again we need to support this new editor with submissions. I have tried very hard with Brian T. and recently Chris Vrba to provide articles from myself and others and i urge all of you to do so as well. Each individual in this organization has skills and abilities... share them and help American Currents be the best Native Fish quarterly it can be. You have good stories, knowledge and experiences to share.

#11 Guest_harryknaub_*

Guest_harryknaub_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2011 - 09:48 PM

Well Harry, so you were in town over the 4th. I have some wallpaper that is coming loose you could have helped me with.
:(

I knew we should have looked you up. Cam would get a kick out of your pond, although he thinks that's just a waste of a pool. Seriously, we had to cut our trip short so Jane could get back to South Carolina for her job interview.

Harry Knaub

#12 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:54 PM

I
By the way, I have wanted to get to that aquarium for years and I was definitly not disappionted.

Harry Knaub

Harry, you must REALLY like rainbow trout!

#13 Guest_harryknaub_*

Guest_harryknaub_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 July 2011 - 10:42 PM

Harry, you must REALLY like rainbow trout!

Yeah I was beginning to wonder about all those trout at first.

The weird thing, to me at least, was when I'm staring into the tank containing Fundulus julisia and I realized that I was the only person there. Everyone else in that part of the aquarium was looking at the big fish in the lake exhibit behind me.

They were ignoring one of the best reasons to be there.

Harry Knaub

#14 Guest_gerald_*

Guest_gerald_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:50 AM

I got home from having hernia surgery Sat night and BOY was I glad to find the new AC waiting for me. It's just what the doctored ordered to suppress the grimaces the past few days. THanks for your excellent work Chris and everybody else who contributed!

#15 Guest_harryknaub_*

Guest_harryknaub_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 July 2011 - 07:14 PM

I got home from having hernia surgery Sat night and BOY was I glad to find the new AC waiting for me. It's just what the doctored ordered to suppress the grimaces the past few days. THanks for your excellent work Chris and everybody else who contributed!

Here's wishing you a speedy recovery.

Harry Knaub

#16 Guest_erinburge_*

Guest_erinburge_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:37 PM

How about an issue since the fall 2011 one? I joined NANFA in early September, and I got an issue sometime soon thereafter, but nothing since. Have I missed one?

#17 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 January 2012 - 03:59 PM

One is being mailed now, I received an advance packet as a regional rep. It's an unusually good issue, not just because there's an article by Bob Muller on breeding flame chubs - and who doesn't like flame chubs? Hopefully you receive it very soon.

#18 Guest_Bob_*

Guest_Bob_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 January 2012 - 01:20 PM

Yes, it's a really good issue on a diverse array of species. Very well done.

One is being mailed now, I received an advance packet as a regional rep. It's an unusually good issue, not just because there's an article by Bob Muller on breeding flame chubs - and who doesn't like flame chubs? Hopefully you receive it very soon.

#19 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 January 2012 - 05:08 PM

I haven't read it all, but especially liked the write-up from M. Wolfe. I really enjoyed hearing about what NANFA is doing in Georgia and what other Reps are doing. Excellent job Mr. Wolfe!

#20 Guest_Casper_*

Guest_Casper_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2012 - 11:55 PM

Surely most everyone has received the latest American Currents with the slippery eel on the cover. I think this was a well rounded issue, very well done, and interesting from cover to cover.
Thanks to all the writers, contributors and editors. Good job.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users