LMB Tank

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Yeahson421_*

Guest_Yeahson421_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2011 - 03:50 PM

Would a tank that was 53 inches long, 25 inches wide, and 24 inches tall be able to suit a LMB for most of its life? This only equals out to about 140 gallons, but the foot print is what matters most. Filtration wise I was thinking about using this: http://www.aquariumg...174_a_7cRL0077. What do you think?

Edited by Yeahson421, 09 July 2011 - 03:55 PM.

#2 Guest_EricaWieser_*

Guest_EricaWieser_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2011 - 04:20 PM

Yay! A fluidized bed filter! I was going to harrumph at the filter you chose and then link you to a fluidized bed filter, but you beat me to it. Good choice :)

Now all I have to do is convince you to install an automatic water changer. Link: http://www.aquaticpl...nge-system.html

Edited by EricaWieser, 09 July 2011 - 04:21 PM.

#3 Guest_star5328_*

Guest_star5328_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:07 PM

Just get powerheads and a Smallmouth. Smallies might be the pound for pound most powerful/mean cold water fish on earth.

#4 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:17 PM

That's rather an odd sized tank - where did you acquire it?

#5 Guest_Yeahson421_*

Guest_Yeahson421_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:37 PM

That's rather an odd sized tank - where did you acquire it?

I have a space that the family agreed was okay for a tank, and those are the dimensions, so I'm building a plywood tank. I read online that a 20 inch Bass requires a 60 inch long, 30 inch deep tank, so I figured that since this is pretty close it would be a good place for a new tank for my LMB. My LMB is only 1 year old (from approximate time of birth, not time of ownership) and 10-11 inches long. If it's a male I believe this tank would work for most of his life.

Edited by Yeahson421, 09 July 2011 - 11:46 PM.

#6 Guest_Yeahson421_*

Guest_Yeahson421_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:43 PM

Now all I have to do is convince you to install an automatic water changer. Link: http://www.aquaticpl...nge-system.html

That won't work for me because my water has chlorine in it. I believe it also has chloromine.

#7 Guest_EricaWieser_*

Guest_EricaWieser_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2011 - 12:49 AM

That won't work for me because my water has chlorine in it. I believe it also has chloromine.

It will work if your water has chlorine, for sure. I'd wager the safety of the fish in my own tank that it would work with chloramine, too.

Also, do you have pictures or a way to share the progress with your tank build? It'd be really neat to see a plywood tank constructed and waterproofed. I've been planning one myself for ages. Have you heard of Zavlar (AKA Aquaguard Liquid Rubber)?

#8 Guest_Yeahson421_*

Guest_Yeahson421_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2011 - 01:21 AM

It will work if your water has chlorine, for sure. I'd wager the safety of the fish in my own tank that it would work with chloramine, too.

Okay, I might try it then.

Also, do you have pictures or a way to share the progress with your tank build? It'd be really neat to see a plywood tank constructed and waterproofed. I've been planning one myself for ages. Have you heard of Zavlar (AKA Aquaguard Liquid Rubber)?

Sure, I'll post some pictures and such. Yes, I have heard of the liquid rubber, I'm looking into that right now.

Edited by Yeahson421, 10 July 2011 - 01:22 AM.

#9 Guest_Yeahson421_*

Guest_Yeahson421_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 July 2011 - 01:24 AM

I'm actually going to build a little tank first as a test tank, so I'll show you the progress of that, too.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users