Buffalo River in NW Arkansas 9/2/11

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Guest_Usil_*

Guest_Usil_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2011 - 11:23 PM

This was a strange thing to swim upon (found in this position).

Ah yes. The enigmatic river siren. They freeze when anyone is looking.

Usil

Edited by Usil, 22 September 2011 - 11:25 PM.

#22 Guest_Casper_*

Guest_Casper_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2011 - 10:04 AM

Woo Doggies!
Mighty Fine.
I love those looking up shots as in the snake.
Weight belts, err... folks use concrete blocks and bailing wire around here and the results are not good.
Such clear water, as air.
WONDERFUL.

#23 Guest_MichiJim_*

Guest_MichiJim_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2011 - 05:05 PM

Beautiful, Issac. On a cool, cloudy day in Michigan, I thank you.

#24 Guest_frogwhacker_*

Guest_frogwhacker_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 September 2011 - 06:15 PM

More great shots. Every time I scroll down to the next pic. I think "oh that's my favorite", but I just really like them all. Might be leaning toward the hogsucker with those colored up longears. I kept going back to that one the most. Of course I laughed every time I got to the last one. Did Barbie forget to shave her legs?

Thanks too for the encouragement and advice. I'm hoping to be set up to give it a try by next summer.

Thanks so much for sharing.

Steve.

#25 Guest_IsaacSzabo_*

Guest_IsaacSzabo_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 September 2011 - 12:14 AM

Thanks everyone!

...Weight belts, err... folks use concrete blocks and bailing wire around here and the results are not good...

Ha! My brother once shoved a big rock into his half-open wetsuit - that didn't work out well either!

#26 Guest_XeevXwm_*

Guest_XeevXwm_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:01 AM

Two things that freaked me out a bit are the pictures of the snake and the doll. Just dont like snakes and the doll just looks freaky. But those other pics DANG!! awesome pics of the fish. Wish i was there to observe them too. thanks for sharing!

#27 Guest_mywan_*

Guest_mywan_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2012 - 11:46 AM

Freaking awesome!!! I'm buying a waterproof case for my camera! Now I want to go back there.

The family has a huge chunk of family owned property several miles down the back road outside of Pindale with a tributary to Buffalo River flowing through it. Free room as long as I want to hang out there. Lot's of caves on the property and region to crawl through to. One mile behind Pindale grocery is a creak that comes out of a cave and stays full of fish where it dumps after coming under the gravel road. Used to be that I couldn't see our property on Google maps due to all the trees. Now it's nearly the the biggest stand of trees there.

The water quality is due to huge limestone deposits throughout the region, with underground rivers crisscrossing all over the place. The well on our property actually hit one. The biggest sculpin I've ever seen can be watched swimming by from the bank.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users