DSAC trip to Ash Meadows

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_AussiePeter_*

Guest_AussiePeter_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:51 PM

G'day Folks

In case anyone is interested we are having a trip to work in Ash Meadows on Oct 7-8. If anyone wants more details just let me know.

Cheers
Peter

#2 Guest_EricaWieser_*

Guest_EricaWieser_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:04 AM

What's DSAC? What are you 'working' on?

#3 Guest_countrybumpkin_*

Guest_countrybumpkin_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:29 AM

www.pupfish.net/dsac/

#4 Guest_AussiePeter_*

Guest_AussiePeter_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:04 AM

What's DSAC? What are you 'working' on?

Sorry, should have spelt that out. Desert Springs Action Committee. We usually do two trips a year working in different places in the southwest (usually southern Nevada, but also a little in southeastern California too). The work varies from removing exotics, cleaning out excess cattails, helping with population estimates and whatever else folks need us to do. It's just a small group of 5-10 folks typically who've been doing this since 1992. Same area and people that helped out with the Nevada NANFA convention last year.

Cheers
Peter

#5 Guest_EricaWieser_*

Guest_EricaWieser_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 September 2011 - 09:52 AM

Ah. When I saw Durham, NC after your username it looked like that would be a local thing I could join in (I live in Winston-Salem, NC), but something taking place in Nevada is definitely not local. Have fun, y'all.

#6 Guest_haruspicator_*

Guest_haruspicator_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:00 PM

How did the trip go?! I wanted to make it but the cards weren't right this year.

shawn

#7 Guest_AussiePeter_*

Guest_AussiePeter_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 October 2011 - 09:29 AM

I didn't make this year, but I heard the trip went well. Had a group of students out, plus some of the regular crew and a couple of new folks. Sounded like they were quite productive and got a lot of cattails cut!

Cheers
Peter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users