Alien Invaders! Oct 6, 2011

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_gerald_*

Guest_gerald_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2011 - 12:35 PM

Attention NC members & guests:

Rob Emens from the NC Division of Water Resources will be our guest speaker at the Raleigh Aquarium Society meetings on Oct 6. Rob will discuss invasive aquatic species and the NC Aquatic Weed Control Program (NCAWCR). He will also talk about the state’s campaign to help stop the increasing problem of "aquatic hitchhikers" on boats, fishing gear, and other vectors. Learn how the aquarium trade and hobbyists play a crucial role in our battle against these invaders. As always, there will be lots of free goodies to give away, and don’t forget to bring your items for the raffle and silent auction. We hope you can join us.

Thursday OCT 6, 7:30 - 9:30 pm, NCSU Vet School, South Theater (Main building, near the library). Program starts st 8:00. Raleigh Aquarium Society monthly meetings are Free and visitors always welcome.

Edited by gerald, 29 September 2011 - 12:37 PM.

#2 Guest_EricaWieser_*

Guest_EricaWieser_*
  • Guests

Posted 29 September 2011 - 01:21 PM

It's too bad that meeting is on a Thursday. I work Fridays bright and early, or else I'd go. Are all of the meetings on Thursdays?

#3 Guest_gerald_*

Guest_gerald_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 October 2011 - 01:30 PM

Yup, the Raleigh Aquar Soc monthly meetings have been on First Thursdays for 30 years. Our annual conference will be Feb 17-19, 2012 at the NC State Fairgrounds, very close to the NCSU Vet School where we hold the monthly meetings. It includes a native fish field trip Friday afternoon, speakers all day Sat (mostly on tropicals), auction Sun. I can give you names & emails of several folks from around the Triad who may be coming to that.

Fish and plants look great, and it was nice finally meeting you - thanks again!

Edited by gerald, 03 October 2011 - 01:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users