Jungle Bag Buddies

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_nativecajun_*

Guest_nativecajun_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 February 2007 - 05:39 PM

I ran out of stress coat type stuff that I used to you know what. I had some bag buddies and I read they produce slime coat and neautrulize chlorine and all. After treating the water, doing my water change, and reading the bottle a second time, I saw where it said for bags only. Is what I did a problem.

#2 Guest_chad55_*

Guest_chad55_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2007 - 11:31 AM

I don't see why it would be a problem. Maybe do another water change...Just wondering do you add stress coat everytime you do a water change?

Chad

#3 Guest_troutperch beeman_*

Guest_troutperch beeman_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2007 - 11:22 PM

I've used them in the past when I was selling tropicals on ebay. I was under the impression that they had some kind of tranquilizing affect on fish to make the trip less stressful. They worked very well for me. The only loses I ever had were due to weather and pilots not willing to transport fish. 5'm sure I have spelled something wrong here. I can't find the spell check! :grin:

#4 Guest_nativecajun_*

Guest_nativecajun_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2007 - 12:13 PM

I don't see why it would be a problem. Maybe do another water change...Just wondering do you add stress coat everytime you do a water change?

Chad

Depends on how much water. If I am doing only twenty five percent of forty gallons ( my largest tank ) I use straight tap. The Chlorine is so dilute it is no problem. Setting up a new tank or changing more than twety five percent of the water I will use stress coat. Of course it is rare to not at all that I will change more than twenty five percent despite what all the new school is on this. I just do not belive that is necessary. Debatable I guess like anything, but I just don't care to debate it. There are a lot of factors to be considered when doing water changes. Number of fish/inches of fish per gallon of water. Planted or unplanted. etc etc. The reason I was doing more than twenty five percent change this time was on account of the leach problem I had with my grass pickerels. I upped the salinity to kill off the leaches. So I did about a fifty percent change this time. With nothing to measure the salinity of the water I just kind of winged it so to speak.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users