Fish Job at the Museum

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_primarypredator_*

Guest_primarypredator_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2012 - 12:02 AM

The NC Museum of Natural Sciences is seeking a Curator to work in its Fish and Invertebrates Unit of Educational Living Collections.

http://agency.govern...a></wddxPacket>

Contact me with any questions.

Eric
primarypredator@gmail.com

#2 Guest_davidjh2_*

Guest_davidjh2_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 January 2012 - 01:03 PM

That's almost my dream job. I lack the formal education and some of the skills needed for the job unfortunately. I'd be a great assistant though.

#3 Guest_JNeel_*

Guest_JNeel_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2013 - 12:06 PM

That does sound like the ideal job...only if I'd seen this a year ago...lol

David, start volunteering at your local aquarium. That would, at least, cover the skills part. Good luck to you.

#4 Guest_Kanus_*

Guest_Kanus_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 January 2013 - 01:19 PM

Volunteering is the way to go! I used to work with a guy who volunteered a day a week at the national zoo in DC. After two years he was hired as an assistant curator of birds (or something along those lines). I have been volunteering with DGIF for the last two years and I too am starting to go places. If your skills aren't quite where they need to be, volunteering allows you to learn and sharpen skills, meet people that will be important to know once a job opens, and doing the work without pay displays your level of committment to the career and passion for your field of work.

#5 Guest_gerald_*

Guest_gerald_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 January 2013 - 05:31 PM

If you're no good at keeping fish alive, here's another job at the NC Museum in Raleigh -- caring for dead fish. Gabriela and Wayne Starnes (of TN Fishes fame) would be great folks to work with, and they also have some top notch invertebrate and herp people at this facility. ~~ Gerald

From: Hogue, Gabriela <gabriela.hogue@naturalsciences.org>
Date: Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 4:55 PM
Subject: NCSM Fishes Unit Tech position

Howdy folks!
Beginning on January 22nd I will have an open position in the Fishes Unit. It is a 40 hour/week temporary (no benefits) position that pays $11.37/hour.

This person would be assisting me with all of the aspects of curating the collection (identifying, labeling, shelving, databasing, georeferencing, etc.). There would also be a chance for occasional fieldwork. Training will be on the job. I need someone that is responsible, teachable, accountable, and has a great attitude.

If you know of anyone, please have them email me a cover letter and resume as soon as possible.

Thanks,
-Gabriela

Gabriela M. Hogue
Collections Manager of Fishes
North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences
11 West Jones Street, Raleigh, NC 27601-1029 USA
919.707.8868 fax 919.715.2294
www.naturalsciences.org

Edited by gerald, 07 January 2013 - 05:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users