Forum Upgrade

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Drew_*

Guest_Drew_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 February 2012 - 11:55 PM

I finally got around to upgrading the forum. I was able to update the basics of the default skin but still have some work to do.

Please let me know if you find anything out of place

#2 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:25 AM

I would like to see the link to the NANFA website and the link to the Photo Gallery back across the top bar somewhere, I used both of those all the time. I notice those missing right away.

On the positive side, I like the nice large prominence of the "View New Content" since that is the way that I read the forum.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#3 Guest_ashtonmj_*

Guest_ashtonmj_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2012 - 08:41 AM

I noticed that when you click on the thread name it does not take you to the last page if it is multi-page.

#4 Guest_farmertodd_*

Guest_farmertodd_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2012 - 09:09 AM

I don't care what is wrong... I'm just sooooo glad to have "Past Week" back!!! :)

Thanks so much for doing the work Drew. It is very appreciated!

Todd

#5 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2012 - 02:00 PM

I would like to see the link to the NANFA website and the link to the Photo Gallery back across the top bar somewhere, I used both of those all the time. I notice those missing right away.

I used this feature alot too

#6 Guest_Drew_*

Guest_Drew_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:18 PM

I used this feature alot too

Ok, those are back... I did notice it last night, just didn't get a chance to fix it until now.

#7 Guest_Drew_*

Guest_Drew_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:19 PM

I don't care what is wrong... I'm just sooooo glad to have "Past Week" back!!! :)

Thanks so much for doing the work Drew. It is very appreciated!

Todd

I know quite a few people will be glad to have this functionality back. I'm not quite sure why they removed it.

#8 Guest_Drew_*

Guest_Drew_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

Not to pile on, but it seems that there is some problems with the profile functions as well... when I try to click on my name at the top of the screen so view my own profile or update it... I get no response.

Just tried to edit the above post and got an error message, so I think there may be a problem with the edit function.

Could it be a javascript problem? What browser are you using?

#9 Guest_Drew_*

Guest_Drew_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:21 PM

I noticed that when you click on the thread name it does not take you to the last page if it is multi-page.

So I've been playing around with this. If you click the thread name, it takes you to the first page. If you click on the last post date on the right side, it either takes you to the last page or your last unread post.

Is this what you are referring to?

#10 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:25 PM

Could it be a javascript problem? What browser are you using?

I am using Google Chrome. And just rechecking it I am not getting any error when I click on my name in the top right, but nothing else happens (I assumed that my profile would open for updating).
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#11 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:26 PM

So I've been playing around with this. If you click the thread name, it takes you to the first page. If you click on the last post date on the right side, it either takes you to the last page or your last unread post.

Is this what you are referring to?

I also takes you to the last unread post if you click on the little dot or star in front of the thread name.

#12 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 12 February 2012 - 04:31 PM

This is the error message I got when I tried to edit my own post...
[#103118] We could not determine which topic you were attempting to moderate.

#13 Guest_EricaWieser_*

Guest_EricaWieser_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 February 2012 - 06:36 PM

I was unable to create a poll when I made my new topic just now.

And I am also unable to edit my posts. I use firefox. There was no error message, it just didn't save the edit.

Edit: It can edit.

Edited by EricaWieser, 12 February 2012 - 06:38 PM.

#14 Guest_Usil_*

Guest_Usil_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:37 PM

I would like to have the ability to edit my own posts at any time rather than having the edit button dissapear in a few minutes. I think others would like this too.

Usil

#15 Guest_Drew_*

Guest_Drew_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2012 - 01:55 PM

I would like to have the ability to edit my own posts at any time rather than having the edit button dissapear in a few minutes. I think others would like this too.

Usil

We used to allow this until someone abused it so we implemented a 60 min edit window. If you need changes made to an old post, please PM a moderator.

#16 Guest_Usil_*

Guest_Usil_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 February 2012 - 04:20 PM

It makes sense to me to deal with the one person that abused this rather than penalizing everybody else in the forum.

Usil

#17 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 13 February 2012 - 09:29 PM

Yeah, well to the admin's defense... it is more fair... but not always easier... we all have to go through the stupid metal detectors (plus) at the airport... we should only do that to the terrorists and hijackers... but we never know who they are going to be...and this is the same way... you never know who is going to abuse a feature... so we have to limit some things... but if you ever need help, just let us know! I would always be more than willing to help you edit a post.

#18 Guest_EricaWieser_*

Guest_EricaWieser_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:42 AM

In the old version of the forum, when you posted a url in the post it remained in full, long form in the source code and displayed a shortened, '...' form on the display of the post. Now when you post a hyperlink it's shortened both in the display post and when you're editing the post. And when you go to edit the post the url's hyperlink extends to any letters that come after it.

For example, if I were to make a link to google like this: http://www.google.com

and then submitted the post and wanted to edit it, typing down here in this section. All of these letters here would be included in the hyperlink to google, with purple color and an underline and everything. I wish that when you went to edit it, the hyperlink would be limited to only the letters of the url. It's causing me some problems, since I nearly always edit every post at least once.

Testing:
http://www.google.co...ee what I mean?

Edited by EricaWieser, 15 February 2012 - 09:43 AM.

#19 Guest_Drew_*

Guest_Drew_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:42 AM

I just went into 'Full Editor' and it showed it correctly. See if you can try again and save in 'Full Editor'. I can check to see if this is an existing bug.

#20 Guest_EricaWieser_*

Guest_EricaWieser_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 February 2012 - 10:53 AM

I just went into 'Full Editor' and it showed it correctly. See if you can try again and save in 'Full Editor'. I can check to see if this is an existing bug.

Okay, trying again.
http://www.google.com

Edit:
Sweet, it works. Thank you, I hadn't seen the "Toggle editing mode" button up there in the upper left. I like that you can switch modes when convenient :)

Edited by EricaWieser, 15 February 2012 - 10:54 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users