Matthew R. Thomas - Fisheries Program Coordinator
Kentucky Department of Fish & Wildlife Resources
Division of Fisheries

Attached Files

#2 Guest_EricaWieser_*

Guest_EricaWieser_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2012 - 12:42 PM

That is very very nice and I wish there was one of those for the fishes of my state.

Edited by EricaWieser, 05 March 2012 - 12:47 PM.

#3 Guest_VicC_*

Guest_VicC_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2012 - 07:24 PM

Nice, but a little short on the minnows.

#4 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 March 2012 - 08:17 PM

Nice update to the old KY fishes booklet

#5 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2012 - 03:59 PM

Does anyone else have "The Fishes of Kentucky" by WIlliam M. Clay, 1975, published by Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources? It's not a bad book with good accounts of more obscure species like silver shiners. The photos are black and white, but informative. I inherited the book from a former colleague.

#6 Guest_keepnatives_*

Guest_keepnatives_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 March 2012 - 10:22 PM

Does anyone else have "The Fishes of Kentucky" by WIlliam M. Clay, 1975, published by Kentucky Department of Fish and Wildlife Resources? It's not a bad book with good accounts of more obscure species like silver shiners. The photos are black and white, but informative. I inherited the book from a former colleague.

Yes I have that book. Also have "A Distributional Atlas of Kentucky Fishes" by Burr and Warren basically no photos, well actually 1 photo at least it's color. But it has nice distribution maps goes well with "The Fishes of Kentucky".

#7 Guest_Dustin_*

Guest_Dustin_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:50 AM

I'm jealous Mike. THe Clay book is still relatively common, but the Burr and Warren publication is very rare and even more expensive when you can actually find a copy.

#8 Guest_keepnatives_*

Guest_keepnatives_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:26 PM

I'm jealous Mike. THe Clay book is still relatively common, but the Burr and Warren publication is very rare and even more expensive when you can actually find a copy.

Wow, I had no idea just checked fetchbook only found 1 used for over $220. Guess that means they will soon come out with a revised version soon.

#9 Guest_farmertodd_*

Guest_farmertodd_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:38 PM

We can only hope. It's a glaring absence in my library.

#10 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:29 AM

Yes I have that book. Also have "A Distributional Atlas of Kentucky Fishes" by Burr and Warren basically no photos, well actually 1 photo at least it's color. But it has nice distribution maps goes well with "The Fishes of Kentucky".

I want that book!!! Can you give me your address and a time that you're usually not at home??? But, it would probably cost me more to drive to NY and back than it would to buy it....oh well.

#11 Guest_Dustin_*

Guest_Dustin_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2012 - 01:38 PM

Merry early Christmas guys...

http://naturepreserv.../bookstore.aspx

Look in bookstore.

#12 Guest_Drew_*

Guest_Drew_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:10 PM

Look in bookstore.

That's pretty cool! Just sent an email inquiring total cost + shipping for me.

#13 Guest_Dustin_*

Guest_Dustin_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:51 PM

Just ordered mine.

#14 Guest_keepnatives_*

Guest_keepnatives_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2012 - 04:36 PM

Look in bookstore.

Wow, I had no idea just checked fetchbook only found 1 used for over $220. Guess that means they will soon come out with a revised version soon.

Boy that was quick.

#15 Guest_Drew_*

Guest_Drew_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:01 PM

Boy that was quick.

I wonder what the motivation was. We had to get a lot of people to bug AFS to reprint the VA book.

#16 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 March 2012 - 06:28 PM

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Finally, my own copy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#17 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2012 - 09:48 PM

I received my copy on Friday. I was a little confused, they emailed me the total & invoice to mail the payment with on Thursday. I mailed the check to them on Friday and had the book when I got home that day. They must have mailed the book on Thursday, but you wouldn't think they would do that until they have the money.

I'm glad I finally have a copy.

#18 Guest_farmertodd_*

Guest_farmertodd_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 March 2012 - 10:52 PM

Oh good they did the mussel book again too. Thanks for finding this Dustin. I was getting to the point where I was about ready to generate my own maps. Is it a reprint, or have they addressed some of the new descriptions?

Todd

#19 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2012 - 08:19 AM

Other than a photo of the KY Arrow Darter instead of the Splendid Darter on the inside cover, it's a reprint.

#20 Guest_NateTessler13_*

Guest_NateTessler13_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 April 2012 - 12:32 PM

I received my copy on Friday. I was a little confused, they emailed me the total & invoice to mail the payment with on Thursday. I mailed the check to them on Friday and had the book when I got home that day. They must have mailed the book on Thursday, but you wouldn't think they would do that until they have the money.

I'm glad I finally have a copy.

The same thing happened with me. I called and told them that I wanted to purchase the book. They sent me the book and e-mailed me an invoice. I sent out the check a few days later. The day I sent the check, the book arrived at my doorstep. I thought it was an odd order for doing business, but, I'm certainly not going to complain!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users