pygmy madtom
northern madtom
Stonecat

If anyone knows were I can get these please tell me

#2 Guest_edbihary_*

Guest_edbihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 February 2007 - 11:52 PM

Here we go again. Update your profile to include your location. If we knew where you are, somebody in your area might have some advice for you.

#3 Guest_drewish_*

Guest_drewish_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2007 - 12:41 AM

There are only so many places you can get native fishes. Check with the Vendors in the "Fish Market". Aquabid, however I don't recall ever seeing those specific madtoms. Or trading with members. You can post your request in the "Trading Dock". There are a handful of people that are willing to give fish out for shipping and not expect anything in return, but I'd say most of the time people are looking for trades.

If my memory serves me correctly, most of those madtoms have a limited range and have a good chance of being protected in their range. Your best shot is a stonecat which people come across during sampling trips.

There are other madtoms that have a wider range and are available for a good part of the year. I know KSI offers Tadpole and Speckled madtoms a few times a year.

#4 Guest_ipchay61_*

Guest_ipchay61_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2007 - 06:05 AM

There are other madtoms that have a wider range and are available for a good part of the year. I know KSI offers Tadpole and Speckled madtoms a few times a year.

We also have Margined madtoms at times. Unless something has changed, the Broadtail madtom is still considered an undescribed species with work still being done on it.

#5 Guest_farmertodd_*

Guest_farmertodd_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2007 - 08:31 AM

Fishlvr,

FWIW... You might also note that pygmy madtom have a fed status, the broadtail, checkered, and saddled are all endemics and have special concern status. Northern madtom are in trouble pretty much anywhere they occur except Indiana and Kentucky.

Update your profile to include your location.

Todd

#6 Guest_ashtonmj_*

Guest_ashtonmj_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 February 2007 - 09:08 AM

The carolina madtom is also state listed in NC.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users