Bug: 'Facebook' as a user, grayed out?

12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_EricaWieser_*

Guest_EricaWieser_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:19 PM

When I'm looking at a topic it says that 'Facebook' is also looking at it. It is displayed as a user but not a member, guest, or an anonymous user. When I go to click on the name it's grayed out and won't take me to a user profile. I only noticed because I tried to quote someone and reply to their post and neither the quote button nor the post button worked, so I looked around on the page to see what was up. That was on firefox, so I opened up internet explorer. It let me post but not quote, and the 'Facebook' user is still there.

Edited by EricaWieser, 15 May 2012 - 06:20 PM.

#2 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2012 - 06:31 PM

I see it too

#3 Guest_EricaWieser_*

Guest_EricaWieser_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2012 - 08:01 PM

Hmm. The facebook word is gone now but I still can't post in firefox.

#4 Guest_Drew_*

Guest_Drew_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:47 PM

That is the facebook bot. It is basically crawling any posts that have been "shared".

PM the topic you were trying to quote/respond to with firefox. I was able to post in firefox.

#5 Guest_EricaWieser_*

Guest_EricaWieser_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 May 2012 - 10:58 PM

PM the topic you were trying to quote/respond to with firefox. I was able to post in firefox.

Oh, I was able to post eventually after opening internet explorer (which is what I'm typing this in now). I still can't quote or post in firefox, though.

#6 Guest_Drew_*

Guest_Drew_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2012 - 12:25 AM

You can't post anywhere with firefox? I was able to using the latest version. Clear your cache and try again if you would please.

#7 Guest_EricaWieser_*

Guest_EricaWieser_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2012 - 05:35 PM

Yay I can post again. (no, I didn't clear my cache)

Edit: And I can edit. yay. I don't understand why I couldn't before, but it works now, so yay.

Edited by EricaWieser, 16 May 2012 - 05:35 PM.

#8 Guest_smilingfrog_*

Guest_smilingfrog_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2012 - 09:44 PM

Having the same problem but am in IE not firefox. Tried to post to the other thread and this one this morning, neither worked. Had to choose the other post options to be able to reply here as I still can't post in the spot at the bottom where you just start typing and click post.

#9 Guest_smilingfrog_*

Guest_smilingfrog_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 May 2012 - 10:04 PM

So now I'm trying from firefox. My above post should have said had to choose "more reply options" at bottom of page as the "reply to this topic" option and the quote options didn't work. I am using the "reply to this topic" option in this post.

Interesting "reply to this topic" works for me in firefox but not IE. edit functon didn't work in IE either, but seems to here.

Edited by smilingfrog, 16 May 2012 - 10:06 PM.

#10 Guest_Drew_*

Guest_Drew_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:36 AM

For those having issues, can you try the IP.Board theme (lower left, "Change theme")? I believe everyone has access to that. If it works, then I have a problem with the NANFA custom theme...

#11 Guest_gerald_*

Guest_gerald_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:50 AM

I found that clicking "More Reply Options" and then "Add Reply" works for me in Firefox. The inability to post by clicking "Post" alone started for me on Monday.

#12 Guest_Drew_*

Guest_Drew_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:56 AM

testing

Edit: I can "Post" using Firefox 12.0... I don't normally login using FF on this computer so please try dumping your cache/temp files/offline website data.

Edit 2: Edit works fine as well.

#13 Guest_smilingfrog_*

Guest_smilingfrog_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 May 2012 - 09:17 PM

Working for me the way I usually use it now.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users