Posted 23 February 2007 - 11:04 AM

Posted Image

Found it in a tank at the pet store.

Thanks

#2 Guest_smbass_*

Guest_smbass_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2007 - 11:45 AM

looks like a seminole killifish, I have found several in feeder tanks before. Females have rather distinct vertical bars like banded killifish but the snout is more pointed on these guys like yours. Males will get some slight redish color on the dorsal and anal fins and some speckling down their side as adults. The other interesting thing about these guys is they get huge for a fudulus, I had two males get about 6"! I kept them with lepomis sunfish and they were fine. I currently have a small female but my two big males died about a year ago. They seem to be one of the rarer feeder tank finds. I have found a whole 6 of them in the last 5 or 6 years I've been looking. If I had to guess I'd say yours is a male there seems to be a bit of a redish orange blush to the cheeks, my males also got that, but then again could just be the picture.

#3 Guest_Gambusia_*

Guest_Gambusia_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2007 - 12:01 PM

I figured it was a seminole.

Thanks

#4 Guest_ipchay61_*

Guest_ipchay61_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 February 2007 - 08:15 PM

If that's what it is, those things get huge....well, for a killifish anyway. We caught some in FL several years back that were pretty near eatin' size (7" or so)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users