Elassoma set up and breeding

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_dirtydutch4x_*

Guest_dirtydutch4x_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2012 - 09:55 AM

Ok so I found out that my evergladei are okefenokee, I had them all in a ten gallon and decided to tear down my 20 long and set it up for them. Right now I have 6 in there with 1 I am sure is a female and from what I understand from reading that is ok, correct?

I planted pretty heavy in the back corners moving front leaving the middle of the tank somewhat open for free space to swim as well as viewing and feeding. I recently noticed a male dancing in the 10 but have identified no females, however in the 20 I just noticed yesterday there is a male dancing all over the place. Now I also recently started running a diy CO2 in the 20, do you think the drop in Ph from the CO2 would spark this as I am sure that my tank has a higher Ph than where they were collected. I guess really I am wondering if the change in Ph could have this effect on them?

#2 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 06 July 2012 - 10:25 AM

I doubt it. More likely is that you just provided him his own territory by moving fish around... he is staking his claim.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#3 Guest_dirtydutch4x_*

Guest_dirtydutch4x_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 July 2012 - 12:58 PM

Ok thanks, again I have been watching them a lot and am trying to learn as much about them as possible so I do appreciate the feedback and welcome any others to provide their experiences with this fish as well. Any advice would be appreciated as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users