Hello from Augusta, Georgia

3 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_augustaranger_*

Guest_augustaranger_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 February 2007 - 11:22 PM

Hi all. Just found this place tonight. Anybody have an specific information on places to find minnows (shiners?) in my area? I look forward to reading the great postings on various topics.

Best wishes,
Augusta Ranger

#2 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2007 - 05:51 PM

Hi all. Just found this place tonight. Anybody have an specific information on places to find minnows (shiners?) in my area? I look forward to reading the great postings on various topics.

Best wishes,
Augusta Ranger

The only collecting I' ve done in Georgia is up around Athens, and in the Okefenokee, so I guess that's no much help. But really, just look for any water that looks wadable when you drive over bridges and stuff. That's how I earmark sites for future investigation.

#3 Guest_ipchay61_*

Guest_ipchay61_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2007 - 06:21 PM

Best wishes,
Augusta Ranger

Hi! Just up the road aways in Columbia. We've got lot's of spots just across the line in SC but don't just give them out unless it's someone we know. We've had some bad experiences in the past giving away locations and going back later to find them trashed. You're welcome to join us sometime when we're down your way.

#4 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 25 February 2007 - 06:38 PM

There is an interesting paper out there somewhere on Pteronotropis that gives some sites. Last year, we went out and looked into a few of these and several worked out very nicely. One in particluar headed out of town going south west just off the road and just south of the military base yeilded a few nice fish. Pteronotropis from your area would make a nice tank.

Best wishes,
Augusta Ranger

Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users