The strangest cross-breeding fish I've ever seen

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_viridari_*

Guest_viridari_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2007 - 08:42 PM

This guy on YouTube has a whole series of videos showing a mated pair of cichlids in a community tank... except these cichlids are almost nothing alike. It's amazing the young were born alive and healthy (but they were)

http://www.youtube.c...ser=911CMS420YO

#2 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2007 - 09:01 PM

This guy on YouTube has a whole series of videos showing a mated pair of cichlids in a community tank... except these cichlids are almost nothing alike. It's amazing the young were born alive and healthy (but they were)

http://www.youtube.c...ser=911CMS420YO

Great, hybrid CICHLIDS! Next thing you know all our NANFA FL members will be claiming they caught cichlid hybrids!

#3 Guest_viridari_*

Guest_viridari_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2007 - 09:24 PM

Well after posting this I did some googling and found some really horrific things going on in the world of cichlids. Two popular hybrids, the Flower Horn and the Blood Parrot, have been hybridized into a real mutt of a cichlid and is being produced in large numbers for the pet industry (if it's not out there already).

I'm glad none of those exotic cichlids will overwinter here.

#4 Guest_killier_*

Guest_killier_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2007 - 09:38 PM

Well after posting this I did some googling and found some really horrific things going on in the world of cichlids. Two popular hybrids, the Flower Horn and the Blood Parrot, have been hybridized into a real mutt of a cichlid and is being produced in large numbers for the pet industry (if it's not out there already).

only a matter of time before global warming raises the winter temp.to the mid 70s but florida will be beneath the waves so who cares

#5 Guest_edbihary_*

Guest_edbihary_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2007 - 12:39 AM

only a matter of time before global warming raises the winter temp.to the mid 70s but florida will be beneath the waves so who cares

](*,)

#6 Guest_killier_*

Guest_killier_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 February 2007 - 06:32 PM

](*,)

if you keep that up your head will fall off :-"

#7 Guest_fishyz_*

Guest_fishyz_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2007 - 04:54 PM

That's one reason why I don't like cichlids. They just goo too far with hybrids.

#8 Guest_sandtiger_*

Guest_sandtiger_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 February 2007 - 07:29 PM

That's one reason why I don't like cichlids. They just goo too far with hybrids.

Hybrids aren't the fault of the fish, humans are to blame. There are a lot of hybrids of a lot of fish, even sunfish (as this site has proven). The difference is that there are something like 31 species of sunfish and over 2000 species of cichlids.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users