South Carolina Mountain Trip

29 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Dustin_*

Guest_Dustin_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 October 2012 - 03:40 PM

After much procrastination, we are finally looking at dates for the trip up to the mountains of SC and possibly over the border into NC. We are currently looking at the first two weekends in December. Let us know if one of these dates work better than another and if anyone has any other questions.

#2 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 19 October 2012 - 04:40 PM

Keep Georgia in mind (as participants, not a destination)... some of us might be interesting in coming up that way. December 1-2 might be better for me...
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#3 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:29 AM

What area are you considering, like over towards Greenville?

#4 Guest_Dustin_*

Guest_Dustin_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 October 2012 - 08:06 PM

Yes. We will be above Greenville looking for fieryblack and yellowfin shiners, rosyside dace, seagreen darters and some others. We will likely also sneak over into NC to the French Broad where we can get TN species including saffron shiners.

#5 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2012 - 04:44 AM

Man, this is too tempting! You may see me there.

#6 Guest_sbtgrfan_*

Guest_sbtgrfan_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2012 - 07:48 AM

You know I'm in for this. Either date should work for me, though the first weekend would probably be better due to exams that second week in Dec.

#7 Guest_NVCichlids_*

Guest_NVCichlids_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:26 AM

hmmm... this is a tempting trip. Any chance on getting some slack water speices of fish?

#8 Guest_Dustin_*

Guest_Dustin_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:27 AM

No slackwater fish up that way but I can give you some spots to check on your own within an hour or so depending on which species.

#9 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2012 - 11:34 AM

Man, this is too tempting! You may see me there.

No kidding....you may need to pick me up on the way.

#10 Guest_Kanus_*

Guest_Kanus_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2012 - 03:05 PM

Yeah I may try to find a way to make it as well. If anyone is coming near Blacksburg let me know and maybe we can split gas.

#11 Guest_gerald_*

Guest_gerald_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2012 - 05:16 PM

We will likely also sneak over into NC to the French Broad where we can get TN species including saffron shiners.

... and warpaint shiner and several other darters: swannanoa, zonale, rufilineatum, chlorobranchium, blennioides, evides ...

#12 Guest_harryknaub_*

Guest_harryknaub_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:53 PM

Right now I would say that either weekend is good for me. I definitly have to be a maybe, though. As of two weeks ago, we are now in custody proceedings involving another of our grandchildren. We don't know for sure when the next hearing will be, but it will be in PA. Plus, we made an offer on a three bedroom house today, because two adults and two children in a two bedroom; one bath house isn't working well. So, even though my schedule is hard pin down, please keep me in the loop. A trip to the mountains could be a welcome relief.

Harry Knaub

#13 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 October 2012 - 12:13 PM

Dustin, what is the schedule for this? I would really like to come, but I would could only go for Friday &/or Saturday.

#14 Guest_Dustin_*

Guest_Dustin_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 October 2012 - 03:41 PM

Josh, I don't know yet. I am still trying to clear the weeks with my family.

#15 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:07 AM

Don't decide the dates based on my info, but I couldn't go on the 1st. I would like to go though if I can work it out.

#16 mattknepley

mattknepley
  • NANFA Member
  • Smack-dab between the Savannah and the Saluda.

Posted 28 October 2012 - 02:04 PM

Please keep this noob in the loop. I can't do a whole weekend, but I'm close enough that a day trip on Saturday the first or Sunday the ninth would be no problem.

Now I just have to hope my daughter doesn't have a gymnastics competition scheduled those weekends!
Matt Knepley
"No thanks, a third of a gopher would merely arouse my appetite..."

#17 Guest_Dustin_*

Guest_Dustin_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:29 PM

Okay guys sorry for the delay. My wife has been sick for the last few weeks and I wanted to be sure she was going to be feeling better before making any definite plans. It looks like we will be doing this the weekend of the 8th. I hope you guys can make it. We will be checking out possible meeting and lodging spots and getting that out shortly.

#18 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2012 - 02:30 PM

I think I may be going. I'll have to drive on on Saturday night, but I depending on what the plans are, I may take off on Friday and drive down that morning.

#19 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

Matt+3 may be going, or maybe just me, or maybe work will dictate otherwise. Too early to know for sure.

#20 Guest_Uland_*

Guest_Uland_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 November 2012 - 07:56 PM

This looks like a lot of fun with a great gang. I'm afraid I have too many trips planned to make this fit in my budget.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users