Photo

NANFA Expands the Research Grant Program

3 replies to this topic

#1 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 30 October 2012 - 10:34 PM

If you are a NANFA Member then hopefully you all have the chance to read this in your new American Currents (which is hopefully in your hands already, or on its way... mine only arrived today) but we have also just put it on the web under the Grant Programs section so that if you are not a member you can see some of what we are doing. Click the link below and pay special attention to the Research Grant Icon on the bottom right of the page (it is a hogsucker) to read about an exciting new project that NANFA is helping to fund.

http://www.nanfa.org/grants.shtml

I am so proud to be a part of this organization. Actually have been proud for a long time just to hang out with some of you and learn about fish. But even more proud as we continue to grow and have the ability to take more significant actions for the benefit of the Native Fishes that have captured our interest.

We have grown our financial contributions from the Corcoran Education Grant and Conservation Research Grant to include this special opportunity to help fund a significant new publication. Go to the web site or read it in your new AC, but either way, if you are a member of this organization, you should be excited and proud at what you are helping to do.

And if you are not a member, why not!?! Look at what we can do when we are all working together. Join us. $20 is a small price to pay for the information, fellowship, fun, and service that we have together as NANFA.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#2 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:16 AM

That is awesome. I'm sure the book will be amazing.

#3 Guest_IsaacSzabo_*

Guest_IsaacSzabo_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:13 PM

It's great that NANFA is involved in funding what sounds like will become one of the best resources on our native fishes. I'm excited to see the book once it's finished.

#4 Guest_FirstChAoS_*

Guest_FirstChAoS_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:48 AM

I am excited on the new book as well. Is their any way to pre-order the three volumes? How will it handle notable subspecies and significant hybrids?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users