Florida "Aquarium Fish" Expo 2013

11 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_joefish72_*

Guest_joefish72_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2012 - 01:57 PM

I'm proud to announce the Florida Aquarium FIsh Expo for June of 2013 in Fort Myers, Florida.
The fish show will include a category for North American Native Species that will be judged by a NANFA representative.
We encourage everyone with Natve species to participate and enjoy the Show.

A full list of fish classes, sponsors and vendors will be posted on the fish show website in January.
Florida Aquarium FIsh Expo website http://www.flafishshow.com

#2 Guest_Usil_*

Guest_Usil_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 November 2012 - 02:18 PM

I am not sure about Florida fish regulations but with the great focus in Florida on foreign species invasions how does Florida fish regulations concerning native fish apply to other natives coming into the state? Are their any issues to be addressed to meet Florida regulations?

Edited by Usil, 14 November 2012 - 02:20 PM.

#3 Guest_joefish72_*

Guest_joefish72_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 November 2012 - 12:03 PM

That is an excellent question and the answers to all questions regarding what can be "possessed", sold, or traded in the State should be directed to Florida Fish and Wildlife at myfwc.com. The reason is they know not just the Law but how it is interpreted/enforced. This is the link to prohibited species (means you may not possess ALIVE) http://myfwc.com/wil...ies/prohibited/ Anything on the list may not be brought into the State, if you catch one while fishing in the State you are required to destroy it immediately.

#4 Guest_davidjh2_*

Guest_davidjh2_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:44 PM

It's a shame that any Cherax species of crayfish has to be destroyed but I can understand the reasoning. Now if anyone comes across one and wants to ship it to me here in NJ I'll happily pay for shipping.

#5 Guest_joefish72_*

Guest_joefish72_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 January 2013 - 10:20 AM

UPDATE:
The hotel is already booking up fast so make your reservations soon. The $89 room rate is only available for a limited number of rooms and after that time the rate will go to the standard rate. Remember to use code "FAF" when making your reservation.

With over 30 scheduled vendors, the Vendor AREA is almost sold out so we will have a huge selection of products and information to see.

There will be over a dozen speakers giving talks about everything from water, to collecting, to breeding just about any species you can think of.

Our sponsors have come through in big ways and our SWAG BAGS will have a value of over $100. This means the first 200 registered participants are going home with more than double thier money back in free gifts.

There are more things in the works and I guarantee this show will have something for everyone.

We look forward to seeing you there

#6 Guest_joefish72_*

Guest_joefish72_*
  • Guests

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:12 PM

Thanks to the generosity of our sponsors we will be giving away over $25,000 in FREE product during the event. Please be sure to check out the sponsor links on our web page.

Edited by joefish72, 25 February 2013 - 06:12 PM.

#7 Guest_joefish72_*

Guest_joefish72_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2013 - 10:56 AM

The awards just came in, will your fish be a champion?Posted Image

#8 Guest_exasperatus2002_*

Guest_exasperatus2002_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:09 AM

Wish I could go!

#9 Guest_Casper_*

Guest_Casper_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 May 2013 - 01:09 PM

It would be advantageous if someone could setup a NANFA booth / display.
I wonder if any of the NANFA Florida gang are participating?
I bet we could sell a bunch of T-Shirts.
To far for me but wondering if anyone is driving through Chattanooga via I-75. I am about 1 mile from exit 1 and could prep a display box.

#10 Guest_joefish72_*

Guest_joefish72_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 May 2013 - 02:59 PM

Brian Skidmore is giving a presentation, obviously I will be there, a few other local NANFA members will attend. NANFA has a table reserved for display purposes.

#11 Guest_joefish72_*

Guest_joefish72_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 June 2013 - 10:59 AM

All online registration will end Wednesday June 12th
If you need guaranteed tank space book before the deadline
Remember the first hotel, and the vendor spaces sold out.
All in person registrations are first come first served with no guarantee wwill have space left.

#12 Guest_joefish72_*

Guest_joefish72_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2013 - 10:05 AM

As the chairman of the event I would like to thank NANFA for its support in this years Expo. Brian Skidmore was on site and proved to be an invaluable asset. He was manning the NANFA display table, gave a great talk about native species, and offered to help out in just about every aspect of running the show.

We hope to build upon the sucesses we had this year and provide even more value in 2015. We look forward to building our relationship with the NANFA organization and its members in the years to come. If anyone has any questions, comments, or suggestions for this years or the next Expo feel free to forward them to me at the showchair email on our site www.flafishshow.com

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users