CFI Aquariums Available

9 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Casper_*

Guest_Casper_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2012 - 11:46 AM

CFI, Conservation Fisheries Inc., has recently converted their rare native fish breeding facility to a different format of aquariums and now have available many Oceanic aquariums. Sizes are mostly 55s but some are 45s and 20 talls. Most of the aquariums are drilled at the bottom or low on the side with a corner prefilter overflow box. The back and adjacent sides of the box are reinforced with acrylic sheeting adhered to the inside of the glass. The aquariums are ideal for multi-tank systems and can be set up nicer than standard tanks with a direct connection to canister filters such as Fluval or Eheim, or they could be set up as a small sump system.
The Oceanics have thicker glass and heavier frames than typical aquariums. The 55's have a reinforcing top plate to prevent bowing. They have been cleaned but there are mineral deposits.
They are being offered at $1 a gallon. Discounts available when buying several tanks.

I realize only a few NANFA members live within a convenient driving distance of Knoxville, Tennessee but while attending the Kentucky NANFA convention this May you would only be 1.5 hours away. Before or after the convention they will likely offer a tour of CFI's facility and the aquariums could be picked up then.

Purchase a CFI aquarium, support their work and enjoy a visit at the same time!

Casper
CFI Contact information:
Pat Rakes at xenisma@gmail.com
Crystal Ruble at crystal.ruble@gmail.com

LoadingDock.JPG

55.JPG

Corner.JPG

Edited by Casper, 26 November 2012 - 11:46 AM.

#2 Guest_Kanus_*

Guest_Kanus_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2012 - 03:53 PM

Oh that is very cool to know, thanks for sharing! I will try to spread the word.

#3 Guest_Casper_*

Guest_Casper_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 November 2012 - 05:52 PM

They will appreciate it Derek. I visited a couple weeks ago with our buggy Auctioneer and CFI has a nifty camera system where they can observe 9 aquariums from JR's office, via underwater security cameras. I would not get any work done if i was a peeping fish tom. Lots of cool fish to see at their facility. Spotfin Chubs, Blotchside Logperch, Conasauga Logperch, Yellowfin Madtoms, Boulder Darters, Blackside Dace, Arrow Darters.....

Edited by Casper, 26 November 2012 - 05:55 PM.

#4 Guest_gerald_*

Guest_gerald_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2012 - 04:17 PM

CFI tanks have good vibes. Whatever fish you put in them will sense that these tanks formerly held breeding colonies of endangered species, and so your fish will be certain to thrive and breed. And besides, they're not just fish tanks, they're relics of aquatic conservation history!

#5 Guest_pylodictis_*

Guest_pylodictis_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 November 2012 - 07:31 PM

CFI tanks have good vibes. Whatever fish you put in them will sense that these tanks formerly held breeding colonies of endangered species, and so your fish will be certain to thrive and breed. And besides, they're not just fish tanks, they're relics of aquatic conservation history!

Haha, yep, you've gotta have a good karma fish tank.

#6 Guest_wargreen_*

Guest_wargreen_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 December 2012 - 08:51 AM

Wow.....I almost feel guilty for not buying one.

#7 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 December 2012 - 07:46 PM

I wonder why the extra brace on the top? (the glass brace)

#8 Guest_Casper_*

Guest_Casper_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2013 - 05:10 PM

Just a reminder that some of these aquariums are still available for pickup. You might want to plan your convention route to swing by, load a CFI Aquarium, take a quick tour of an amazing breeding facility and see some rare fish.

#9 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:53 PM

Casper, if you and Fritz can talk them in to coming to the convention, they could bring some for the auction :biggrin: ....tax deductible donation!

#10 Guest_Casper_*

Guest_Casper_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:35 PM

Been talking with them today. Plans are being developed!
Having them attend would be a treat for all of us.
I plan on bringing a 20 and or a 45 for the auction and being a teaser of the remainders at CFI. Pat said only a few are still available.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users