Hello from Madison WI

4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Ching_*

Guest_Ching_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2013 - 06:46 PM

Hi guys,
My name is Ching. I just learned about this website while browsing through youtube looking for pygmy and black banded sunfish vids.
I am not new to keeping fish but started to take a real interest in fish native to WI. At the beginning of this past summer my 4 year old son caught a tiny 2" pumpkinseed sunfish. We ended up taking it home to raise. It is now probably around 5". I'd love to learn more about the fish from our waters. I hope to learn and contribute as much as I can here.

Ching

#2 Guest_BenCantrell_*

Guest_BenCantrell_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 January 2013 - 10:24 PM

Hi Ching, welcome to the site! I also live in Madison. I have a permit from the WI DNR to collect "minnows" (non-game, non-rough fish) for aquarium purposes. If you ever need anything easy to acquire, let me know. I'd be happy to help.

#3 Guest_Ching_*

Guest_Ching_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 January 2013 - 10:50 AM

Hey thats awesome to know! Thanks!

#4 Guest_NVCichlids_*

Guest_NVCichlids_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2013 - 10:04 AM

I am from Waukesha. It is good to note that it is illegal to transport any fish a live away from the body of water it is caught (without the special permit mentioned.) I usually take a day or two off each month in the spring/summer months to get out and collect and do some underwater photography (new to it.. but need to start more.) I am waiting to hear back about my permit for this year, but I also haven't kept fish the past 2 years (I think), just photographed them. If you are ever down this way and want to do some sampling/collecting, let me know.

Make sure to check out here. http://forum.nanfa.o.../188-wisconsin/

Edited by NVCichlids, 15 January 2013 - 10:05 AM.

#5 Guest_Ching_*

Guest_Ching_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 January 2013 - 12:47 PM

Thanks! I was not aware of that but its good to know now for future references. Guess i'll ordering from Zimmermans! LOL!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users