New Here!

8 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_LSUMAN_*

Guest_LSUMAN_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:08 PM

I came across this site while I was looking up information on breeding sunfishes and I joined instantly! Native fish are the only fish I keep in my tanks, whether I catch them from ponds, gullies, lakes or even my crawfish pond. I've kept bluegills, catfish, green sunfish, bass, and warmouths! I currently have 3 green sunfish, one male about 4.5 inches, a female about 4 inches, and a small one about 2 inches long. I am interested in breeding the two bigger ones. But I'm looking forward to learning about other native fish and expanding my knowledge on these fish!

#2 Guest_rjmtx_*

Guest_rjmtx_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:19 PM

Hey, where are you in LA? I'm down between Iowa and Lacassine. There are plenty of fish to be had out here...

#3 Guest_LSUMAN_*

Guest_LSUMAN_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 April 2013 - 10:26 PM

I'm from the big ole town of Iota haha, but I'm in Baton Rouge now for college. And oh yea there's fish everywhere you look out here!

#4 Guest_fundulus_*

Guest_fundulus_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2013 - 09:01 AM

Welcome to the Forum, LSUMAN. You may also want to consider joining NANFA, the sponsoring organization of the Forum. Visit nanfa.org for more information.

#5 Guest_EricaWieser_*

Guest_EricaWieser_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2013 - 10:03 AM

Welcome to the Forum, LSUMAN. You may also want to consider joining NANFA, the sponsoring organization of the Forum. Visit nanfa.org for more information.

Yeah, there's a convention coming up in May where you can snorkel to see neat fish.
http://www.nanfa.org...tion/2013.shtml
Link to join NANFA: http://www.nanfa.org/join.shtml

Edited by EricaWieser, 10 April 2013 - 10:47 AM.

#6 Guest_biggreenavalanche_*

Guest_biggreenavalanche_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2013 - 11:25 AM

I'm new here too...shreveport bossier area...started a build on a 125 river tank...will be making a trip to northern KY/southern OH to collect in May...great forum...
Rich

#7 Guest_EBParks_*

Guest_EBParks_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2013 - 06:24 PM

Welcome aboard! Though I currently reside in the San Francisco Bay area, I'm originally from Houma, LA and went to Nicholls State and worked at LUMCON. Always good to see another fish friend from sportsman's paradise!

#8 Guest_LSUMAN_*

Guest_LSUMAN_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2013 - 06:36 PM

Thank y'all for the welcomes! This is a great forum! It's nice to see people from Louisiana

Welcome aboard! Though I currently reside in the San Francisco Bay area, I'm originally from Houma, LA and went to Nicholls State and worked at LUMCON. Always good to see another fish friend from sportsman's paradise!

Man that's a big move, I couldn't see living anywhere else.

I'm new here too...shreveport bossier area...started a build on a 125 river tank...will be making a trip to northern KY/southern OH to collect in May...great forum...
Rich

That sounds like a cool tank, what are you plans for stocking?

#9 Guest_biggreenavalanche_*

Guest_biggreenavalanche_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 April 2013 - 11:32 AM

Multiple darters, two species of sunfish, couple species of minnows....more specific species goal list is on the discussion forum under 125 semi river biotope...

Rich

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users