Thought I'd post a few things going on in the fishroom

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Ken_*

Guest_Ken_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2013 - 10:48 PM

Well only one thing but numerous examples!

Have eggs in mops of E. exile and E. zonale. Been seeing courting of E. inscriptum, E. caeruleum, P. crassa, E. hopkinsi and E. fricksium. And my P. caprodes leaving quite a large depression on one side of the tank...... Here are a couple pictures I recently took with E zonale on their mop and the depression left by the P. caprodes...the rocks in the picture were all closely together prior to the pair moving them. Apologize for the bad quality of lighting and focus on the E. hopkinsi... I rushed that one but was trying to get them together as she followed the male around that end of the tank. The last picture is E. hopkinsi I took a few weeks ago under better lighting....

Attached Files

#2 Guest_Yeahson421_*

Guest_Yeahson421_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2013 - 11:01 PM

That's awesome! I'm so pumped to be able to do that in my own tanks in just a few months!

#3 mattknepley

mattknepley
  • NANFA Member
  • Smack-dab between the Savannah and the Saluda.

Posted 12 April 2013 - 06:31 AM

Great pictures! Love those E. hopkinsi. Thanks for posting these.
Matt Knepley
"No thanks, a third of a gopher would merely arouse my appetite..."

#4 Guest_Ken_*

Guest_Ken_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 April 2013 - 07:26 PM

Found two more depressions in the P. caprodes tank. Caught E. caeruleum in the act of spawning and of course I didn't have the camera with me. Came back with the camera and they were on to me. I did take a couple pictures anyway....

Attached File  4.14 (4).JPG   67.14KB   2 downloadsAttached File  4.14 (3).JPG   87.29KB   0 downloads

Edited by Ken, 14 April 2013 - 07:37 PM.

#5 Guest_gerald_*

Guest_gerald_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2013 - 09:51 AM

Please tell us how you condition the breeders (foods, winter temp/light manipulation?) and raise the fry. Or if you've already posted that elsewhere, just give us a link.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users