new cameras for 2013

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_daveneely_*

Guest_daveneely_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 April 2013 - 01:37 PM

Interesting little blurb on some advanced new housed point & shoots... might make for a good compromise between a housed dSLR and the waterproof compacts that so many of us have been using.

http://www.backscatt...ticle.php?ID=57

#2 Guest_chrish_*

Guest_chrish_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 September 2013 - 11:21 PM

We bought the Olympus TG-2 to take to Puerto Rico for snorkeling. Amazing little P&S for its underwater capabilities. Excellent all-in-one snorkeling camera. I will post a few shots later.

#3 Guest_Casper_*

Guest_Casper_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2013 - 12:14 AM

Be sure and tell us when it leaks.
:(
3 Olympus models have failed me.
And their repair / response has been unacceptable.

#4 Guest_schambers_*

Guest_schambers_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 September 2013 - 07:33 PM

I just bought my second Olympus, a TG830. My first one lasted several years and never leaked. I'm not nearly as hard on them as you are, Casper. I don't get in the water nearly enough.

#5 Guest_JasonGoneFishing_*

Guest_JasonGoneFishing_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:01 PM

Earlier this year I was looking for a waterproof camera, shock, dust proof, etc. I found the Sony CyberShot 18.2 MP HD DSC-TX30, WP to 33 feet, not that I will ever be diving with it but I take it with me wherever I go, should I fall into the creek, its safe. And it takes very good photos, better than my last cameras.

#6 Guest_sbtgrfan_*

Guest_sbtgrfan_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 September 2013 - 09:49 PM

I bought a Pentax WG-10 this summer while I was working with all the fishes in KY and VA. I love it. Takes really good pictures both under the water and above the water. The 1-cm macro setting digital microscope mode with the microscope led lights is really cool.

#7 Guest_sschluet_*

Guest_sschluet_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 September 2013 - 12:17 PM

My experience is similar to Casper. Not a matter of if they leak but when. I purchase the extra protection policy and have yet to have a camera out live the policy before it failed. I am on a first name basis with the folks at the return desk at Best Buy.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users