Hello

6 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_phishnter_*

Guest_phishnter_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:43 AM

From Richmond VA. I have been keeping natives in aquariums for years and I really enjoy it. Looking forward to communicating with other enthusiasts in the very near future.

#2 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 11 May 2013 - 06:51 AM

welcome, we have a number of members in Virginia, stick around here and you might even be able to hook up with a few in the field.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#3 Guest_phishnter_*

Guest_phishnter_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:15 AM

Awesome! Looking forward to it.

#4 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:16 PM

Yeah, shoot a PM to Kanus. I believe he is looking for locals to play in the water with. Welcome.

#5 Guest_Kanus_*

Guest_Kanus_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 May 2013 - 08:31 PM

Hello hello fellow Virginian! I'm currently in Blacksburg but up until last fall I lived in Fredericksburg, so I'm somewhat familliar with your area. Let me know if I can be of any help. Welcome to the forum and I hope you'll consider joining NANFA as an official (paying) member! Lots of great information to be had, and people to get to know here :)

#6 Guest_phishnter_*

Guest_phishnter_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:38 PM

Hey, thanks Derek. Yeah, I do a lot of fishing around the immediate Chesterfield County area. I actually prefer fishing in larger creeks and small rivers due to the infinite species of fish to be caught. I also frequent the Upper James River in Albemarle and Fluvanna Counties as well as the Rivanna River in Fluvanna. I would like to catch some small Rock Bass for my aquarium. I have one about 5 inches in my tank now that I've had for about a year. Cool little guy. My other favorites are bluespots and banded's. I've been looking around the Richmond area for them for years and so far, I've found some in Colonial Heights and at Harrison Lake in Charles City County. My search continues lol.

#7 Guest_phishnter_*

Guest_phishnter_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 May 2013 - 02:53 PM

I've been keeping natives for several years and enjoy the diversity of fish around here. I currently have 2 aquariums set up. A 55 gal currently stocked with 1 rock bass, 1 red breast, 1 green sunny, 1 yellow bullhead, 2 warmouth and 1 greengill at least, I think it's a greengill lol. All the fish are in the 3-4 inch range. My other aquarium is a 30 gal with 3 bluespots and 1 banded sunfish. I eventually hope to upgrade to at 75 gal if the wife will allow it lol.

Edited by phishnter, 14 May 2013 - 02:55 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users