Travel to Greenville, SC

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_biggreenavalanche_*

Guest_biggreenavalanche_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2013 - 01:51 PM

I'll be traveling to Greenville, SC at the end of the month...wondering if there are any native fish people in the Greenville area...would love to come home with some shiners and or darters...

Rich

#2 Guest_clemsons2k_*

Guest_clemsons2k_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2013 - 02:33 PM

I'm in Greenville, but I'm a complete newbie when it comes to natives and good places to catch them. I've only caught shiners in one place and its on my parents new property haha.

Hopefully someone in the area with more knowledge will pop in and then both of us can learn something :)

#3 Guest_Dustin_*

Guest_Dustin_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:16 PM

I may be able to come up that way then. Are you talking about the last weekend of the month? Up above Greenville is a great area for fieryblack and yellowfin shiners. There are also rosyside dace and seagreen darters among many other species.

#4 Guest_biggreenavalanche_*

• Guests

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:47 PM

I'll be in town 28th thru 1st...staying at a motel...I'll bring my seine, nets, and transport cooler just in case...would love to have about a half a dozen each of the two types of shiners and three or four of the seagreens !! I've got a 125 river biotope type tank...want shiners, darters, and a couple of orange spot sunfish...I'll keep in touch and maybe we can go collecting for a few hours...

Rich

#5 Guest_biggreenavalanche_*

• Guests

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:49 PM

Clemson2K may want to join in !...

#6 Guest_clemsons2k_*

Guest_clemsons2k_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2013 - 04:55 PM

I'd definitely be interested in joining. May snag a couple darters myself for my tank.

Edited by clemsons2k, 12 June 2013 - 04:55 PM.

#7 Guest_sbtgrfan_*

Guest_sbtgrfan_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:45 PM

I'll be back in town for the first week of July either the 29th or 30th, so I'm up to help if I'm there!

#8 Guest_biggreenavalanche_*

• Guests

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:31 PM

I'm there ! Looking forward to meeting y'all !

#9 mattknepley

mattknepley
  • NANFA Member
  • Smack-dab between the Savannah and the Saluda.

Posted 15 June 2013 - 05:57 AM

I'll be out of state through the 30th. I might could swing the first. Would love to catch up with you all. If not, maybe I can catch up with Stephen and/or Dustin while the tigerfan is home. Work and family permitting, natch...
Matt Knepley
"No thanks, a third of a gopher would merely arouse my appetite..."

#10 Guest_biggreenavalanche_*

• Guests

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:51 PM

Awesome, the more the merrier !

#11 Guest_biggreenavalanche_*

• Guests

Posted 15 June 2013 - 12:57 PM

Hey does anybody know what the reedy river (middle of downtown) has in it ?

#12 Guest_Dustin_*

Guest_Dustin_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2013 - 07:17 AM

I am in for the 29th or 30th depending on when Stephen gets back in town. We will see fieryblacks shiners, yellowfin/greenheads shiners, rosy face chubs, bluehead chubs, Seagreen darters, rosyside dace, and several others.

We can a specific date and meeting place as things shape up.

#13 Guest_Kanus_*

Guest_Kanus_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2013 - 08:30 AM

I can't commit yet 100% but I am certainly interested in driving down and tagging along.

Edit: Nevermind. I just found out I'll have company in town that weekend. Dang! Mods feel free to remove this, the point is moot now :(

Edited by Kanus, 16 June 2013 - 08:36 AM.

#14 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2013 - 09:48 AM

Wow really cool of all these NANFA members jumping in and helping you guys. Hint.Hint. Dues are still only $20 per year. http://www.nanfa.org/join.shtml

#15 Guest_biggreenavalanche_*

• Guests

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:36 PM

Sunday the 30th will probably be the best fit for my schedule ...

#16 Guest_biggreenavalanche_*

• Guests

Posted 16 June 2013 - 01:41 PM

I can't commit yet 100% but I am certainly interested in driving down and tagging along.

Edit: Nevermind. I just found out I'll have company in town that weekend. Dang! Mods feel free to remove this, the point is moot now :(

Lol, bring the company !

#17 Guest_sbtgrfan_*

Guest_sbtgrfan_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2013 - 06:04 PM

As it stands right now, the 30th is probably going to be the best day for me. Or anytime after until the 7th.

#18 Guest_Dustin_*

Guest_Dustin_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2013 - 08:42 AM

I want to follow up on this so we can start planning on where we want to go and what we want to see. I look forward to some feedback.

#19 Guest_biggreenavalanche_*

• Guests

Posted 23 June 2013 - 09:29 AM

Will be in town on Friday, however fri n sat I've got a lot to take care of...sun would be best and I can meet anywhere...do not know the area well but my GF does...if somebody does know the area and a good meet spot, sound off, open to anything...looking for darters, shiners, etc...all for 125 stream tank...look forward to this...thanks Dustin for reminder...rich

#20 Guest_Dustin_*

Guest_Dustin_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 June 2013 - 10:19 AM

Okay, let's plan on Sunday then. I suggest starting farthest from Greenvile and working back. There is a service station at the corner of SC 11 and US 178 that makes for a good meeting point. We can then work our way north for the rosysides and then head east for the fieryblacks, yellowfins and seagreens. What is a good time?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users