FDR Park Sampling Trip

5 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Subrosa_*

Guest_Subrosa_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:39 AM

I'd like to organize a trip to FDR Park in South Philadelphia, PA to do a bit of sampling. This is an area which has been colonized by the Northern Snakehead, and I think it would be interesting to see what's going on there fish-wise. I'm thinking a Sat or Sun in July, but I don't have a firm date in mind. At this point I'm just gauging interest. Anybody?

#2 Guest_Dustin_*

Guest_Dustin_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 June 2013 - 06:56 AM

I was right next there last night at the Phillies game. I wish I was still going to be in Philly this weekend. I would have definitely joined you.

#3 Guest_Subrosa_*

Guest_Subrosa_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:52 AM

This weekend wouldn't have worked anyway. I'm going sampling in the Pine Barrens with Hicksfish and others on Sat, and since this is my wife's weekend off, if I went out Sun as well I'd be going to a divorce lawyer on Mon! If you're going to be in the area in the future shoot me a pm beforehand and we can make it happen.

#4 Guest_davidjh2_*

Guest_davidjh2_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2013 - 02:04 PM

You're going on a sampling trip with Hickfish? You'll have a good time I did one trip with him last year. I prefer my mountain streams and the Delaware river myself for collecting trips but it was a fun trip and we caught tons of beautiful Black Banded and Blue Spotted Sunfish.

#5 Guest_Subrosa_*

Guest_Subrosa_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2013 - 06:54 PM

I went with him last year as well. I was out on the day when Gerald was up talking to our aquarium club. Were you on that trip as well?

#6 Guest_davidjh2_*

Guest_davidjh2_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 June 2013 - 09:52 PM

I wasn't on that one. I forget the month but I do remember it being really hot.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users