Lower Alabama

34 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_teleost_*

Guest_teleost_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2007 - 11:40 PM

Hey guys and gals,

I'll be in the Mobile area the 19th (Monday) through the 22nd (Thursday).
I must see customers but will get in the water for sure. Any chance we can get a little trip together?

#2 Guest_hmt321_*

Guest_hmt321_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2007 - 07:50 AM

most definatly, you have my number still?

#3 Guest_teleost_*

Guest_teleost_*
  • Guests

Posted 09 March 2007 - 10:55 PM

most definatly, you have my number still?

I think it's still stored in my cell. If not, I'll PM you in advance.

I'm willing to meet the guys a little further west half way or anyplace that we can agree upon.

#4 Guest_dredcon_*

Guest_dredcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 March 2007 - 01:20 AM

Any further west and you start running into crazy folks and me.

#5 Guest_teleost_*

Guest_teleost_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 March 2007 - 10:02 PM

Looks like I'll have Wednesday afternoon to poke around and all day Thursday. I'll go where you fellas recommend! If you guys can sneak out I'll be ready for sure.

#6 Guest_dredcon_*

Guest_dredcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2007 - 12:41 PM

I should be good for Wednesday afternoon and into the night, but I may have used up favors to get out on Thursday last week.

#7 Guest_teleost_*

Guest_teleost_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2007 - 09:26 PM

I should be good for Wednesday afternoon and into the night, but I may have used up favors to get out on Thursday last week.

Where do we meet and at what time?
Night sampling? with Gators? You know I'm a chicken Yankee right?
Will my Alabama license work where we're going?
I can always cancel a customer visit on Wednesday and spend Thursday with customers instead (golly I hope the office or my customers don't read this)

#8 Guest_dredcon_*

Guest_dredcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2007 - 09:41 PM

We can sample in Alabama, I don't have any spots there but we can explore. I can be there at any time. I may get there early and do some scouting around.

#9 Guest_teleost_*

Guest_teleost_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2007 - 10:33 PM

We can sample in Alabama, I don't have any spots there but we can explore. I can be there at any time. I may get there early and do some scouting around.

If you wanna hit Mississippi let me know, I can get a license if needed but want to warn the others and see if they want to pop for the license as well.

If you want to explore Bama then I'll put my thinking cap on and see if I can get some local help as well. A really great guy lives not far from Mobile and knows the water pretty darn well. He might come along and know of some spots to hit.

#10 Guest_teleost_*

Guest_teleost_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2007 - 10:50 PM

Wow! $9.85 for a one day freshwater license in Mississippi? Pretty steep.

#11 Guest_dredcon_*

Guest_dredcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 March 2007 - 10:50 PM

As long as my net is in the water I am happy and Mobile is not too much further of a drive for me.

#12 Guest_hmt321_*

Guest_hmt321_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2007 - 05:13 AM

I keep a MS fresh and salt water license year round, so it makes no diff to me.

#13 Guest_dredcon_*

Guest_dredcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2007 - 11:35 AM

I keep a MS fresh and salt water license year round, so it makes no diff to me.

Know any good spots around you?

#14 Guest_dredcon_*

Guest_dredcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2007 - 12:26 PM

Anyone looking for anything in particular? Or something I can bring from Louisiana? The FW prawns are starting to become common.

#15 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2007 - 05:50 PM

Anyone looking for anything in particular? Or something I can bring from Louisiana? The FW prawns are starting to become common.

I'm off Sunday and Monday, let me know if you think you'll have time on those days.

#16 Guest_teleost_*

Guest_teleost_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 March 2007 - 09:30 PM

Can you sneak off work on Wednesday Irate?

We'll have 5 guys in the water if you can sneak away.

Looks like everyone can sample the water on Wednesday. We just need to figure how far east Dredcon is willing to travel or perhaps see if anyone has neat spots to see.

Just so you know, I'm easily entertained so any water will make me happy.

#17 Guest_dredcon_*

Guest_dredcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 March 2007 - 12:23 PM

I guess we need a time and a place to meet now, any ideas?

#18 Guest_teleost_*

Guest_teleost_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2007 - 08:51 PM

I'll try and contact our local guide (unless HMT has any ideas) and see where we should meet. I'm not sure if our local guide has the whole day off but I know my way around enough to keep us busy until he can make it.

Do you mind driving to east side of the bay? More interesting stuff and waters as far as I know.

OH! Are we all ok for Wednesday??

#19 Guest_dredcon_*

Guest_dredcon_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2007 - 09:21 PM

Yep, I'm good for Wednesday and the east side.

#20 Guest_teleost_*

Guest_teleost_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 March 2007 - 09:46 PM

I talked to our guide. He didn't expect us to have a full day off. He might be able to pull it off but a lunch time meeting with him will be more likely.

I need to visit with my customer very early but will make sure to meet up with you guys when you want to meet. Dredcon you're crazy for getting up so early and driving all that way....wait, I just drove over 900 miles today :razz:

HMT, what time is good for you and how long will it take you to get here Dredcon?

It's been suggested that we meet at the first exit off of 10 on the east side of the bay. There is a Burger King we could meet at and I have some spots we can hit until we get telephone verification of the guide.

This meeting spot might change but the general idea and location will be very close to this. Since we have phones the meet up should be pretty easy.
rt10bay.JPG

rt10eastsidebay.JPG

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users