Server migration. We are moving.

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2013 - 06:18 AM

The NANFA tech team has begun the task of migrating the website, gallery, and forum to a new server. With any luck this will happen nearly seamlessly. But we wanted you all to be aware just in case there are any bumps in the road.

#2 Guest_FirstChAoS_*

Guest_FirstChAoS_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:35 PM

A suggestion. Maybe on the new server rename the freshwater intertebrates section to aquatic invertebrates in case anyone finds marine ones they need IDing.

Other than that, good luck on the move But I must wonder if the server migration is anadromous or catadromous.

#3 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2013 - 05:42 PM

Ha! Funny Josh. Nothing will be changed at this point. We are way too busy with the move to worry about forum structure. In the future there may be some small changes, and we are always willing to hear suggestions, but right now the tech team has it's hands full.

#4 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:52 PM

That's a good suggestion Josh and we can easily do a re-name like that. I can do that, but I would prefer to let the team finish building our new car before I start trying to drive it out of the garage. But once it is ready, lets make sure we do that. Might only be a week or two and they will be done (knock on wood).
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#5 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2013 - 08:57 PM

Heck, that sounded bad, maybe. I was laughing about the migratory fish comment Josh, not your suggestion. Hope that was understood.

#6 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 19 July 2013 - 02:37 PM

UPDATE: As you may notice at the top of the forum, we are going to have the Forum in 'view only' starting Monday afternoon/evening for maybe as much as 48 hours. As soon as it is back up, I will remove the MAINTENANCE OUTAGE header and we will be back in business on the new server.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#7 Guest_FirstChAoS_*

Guest_FirstChAoS_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2013 - 11:24 PM

Heck, that sounded bad, maybe. I was laughing about the migratory fish comment Josh, not your suggestion. Hope that was understood.

I understood that, but thank you.

#8 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2013 - 02:44 PM

Link to the old gallery doesn't work for me

#9 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:14 PM

Yes sir, the old gallery is still down. We are working on it.

#10 Guest_natureman187_*

Guest_natureman187_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2013 - 06:02 PM

Yes sir, the old gallery is still down. We are working on it.

Thanks for all your work getting this back up.

#11 Guest_daveneely_*

Guest_daveneely_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:01 PM

Thanks for all your work getting this back up.

x2 on this. It's really appreciated.

#12 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 18 August 2013 - 08:34 PM

Thanks guys, I forgot to update this thread, but we have got it running again.

The real thanks goes to Matt (Skipjack) who took a leadership role as the head of the Tech. Committee.

#13 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 August 2013 - 05:42 PM

No, the thanks does not go to me. I might have facilitated things, but was led by the committee who know much more than I do about the whole Tech. end of this. So direct your thanks to Michael Wolfe, Sajjad Lateef, Andrew Kennedy, Rick Sanchez, and Dustin Smith. Thanks guys!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users