Uploading Photo problem

31 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Casper_*

Guest_Casper_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2013 - 03:30 PM

I am trying to upload pictures to an existing posting as well as to a new posting to no success.
I consistantly get an error message in a pink box when i try to upload each photo.

The message reads...

Error The server returned an error during upload

This occurs when i click the box: Attach This File

?

#2 Guest_Skipjack_*

Guest_Skipjack_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2013 - 04:54 PM

Give us some time Casper, and these issues will be fixed. We have switched servers, and are having some small issues. Matt

#3 Guest_Casper_*

Guest_Casper_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2013 - 05:23 PM

Ok...
The oddity is that Erika did a test photo post successfully.
I will wait a few more days before trying again.
Hats off to you techno skilled folk!

#4 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors
  • North Georgia, Oconee River Drainage

Posted 26 July 2013 - 06:24 PM

We need to talk about how you are doing you photo upload. I the Erica was inserting photos using the photo icon and the URL for a picture located somewhere else on the web (like photobucket).

How were you doing it Casper? Give me some details and I will try to re-create your situation. Maybe you uncovered a new problem. I am just landing now but will be on line later tonight and can test some stuff.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#5 Guest_Casper_*

Guest_Casper_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:14 PM

I just did it the way i always did.
Using the advanced post option ( using: More Reply Options ) i can browse for images on my computer, and select them one at a time. When i try to upload them is when i get the error message.
I presume this is the way most people upload images to compliment their writings.

?

You can ring me at home tonight Michael if need be. Thanks.

Michael... I just tried it from my home computer with the same results. So it's likely not my systems.

On another note... For me it says i can upload up to 29.37 MB of files. Several years ago i learned to downsize them before uploading which allows me more. I think each of us are limited to 100 MB?

Casper

#6 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:21 PM

There is a limit, but I dont remember for sure what it is. And that may be something. I can try to look at that too.

That's not the way I post pictures anymore, I always load them up to the gallery archive and then link them from there... but I am not making an excuse or telling you to do it that way... just telling you what I do... we should fix it so you can do it the way you always have... so let me work on it.
Either write something worth reading or do something worth writing. - Benjamin Franklin

#7 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 26 July 2013 - 09:39 PM

OK so I tried to upload a photo and got the same error message as you did... the pink box... looks like that is a problem for us... thanks for letting us know.

I had previously loaded some pictures before and they are still there apparently, here is one that I could insert
DSCN3229.JPG

Here is one that I can insert from my google plus account (which then does not use any of the storage space here)
Posted Image

So if they are already loaded (before the migration) they can still be used, and if you have them someplace else, you can cross post them here... but I cannot upload new ones either, so it is something we need to fix..

#8 mattknepley

mattknepley
  • NANFA Member
  • Smack-dab between the Savannah and the Saluda.

Posted 27 July 2013 - 06:57 PM

If I can jump in on this... I'm having the same "pink box" problem as you guys are talking about. I thought maybe I'd try the other way you described Michael, but Google Chrome can't even find the gallery. Don't know if my tech inept side is coming out, or if there is a problem. If it is a problem, would it be likely on my side or NANFA's? Sorry to throw more at you guys. I am not being critical or snarky. If this was in my hands we'd be stuck sending smoke signals! I appreciate what you all are doing.
Matt Knepley
"No thanks, a third of a gopher would merely arouse my appetite..."

#9 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 27 July 2013 - 07:13 PM

I use chrome and can see the "gallery" but not the "gallery archive"

but I cannot load more pictures into the gallery or into posts... still working on it...

#10 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 29 July 2013 - 07:47 AM

This morning I was able to upload a picture to the Gallery, but still not here... so progress is being made...

You can of course now upload to the gallery and then insert the photos with the little photograph icon above.
Posted Image

#11 mattknepley

mattknepley
  • NANFA Member

Posted 29 July 2013 - 11:35 AM

Was able to upload photos to the gallery, even though when I clicked on "finish and publish" it told me it couldn't find them. But I went and opened the forum in another window, went to the gallery and there they were. Now the next part... Only the first four or five pictures have the captions I put to them. And only the very first has the comment.
Matt Knepley

#12 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 29 July 2013 - 12:39 PM

uhhh, I have never used those features, so will have to look into that more deeply...

#13 Guest_magic-carpet_*

Guest_magic-carpet_*
  • Guests

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:39 PM

The photo upload should be fixed now.

#14 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 31 July 2013 - 12:46 PM

snubnose.jpg
He's right!

I was able to upload this one...!

Way to go Sajjad!

#15 mattknepley

mattknepley
  • NANFA Member

Posted 31 July 2013 - 03:57 PM

It's up and running like a champ. Thanks!
Matt Knepley

#16 Guest_magic-carpet_*

Guest_magic-carpet_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 August 2013 - 05:49 PM

Awesome. Please post here if something isn't working right.

#17 Guest_FirstChAoS_*

Guest_FirstChAoS_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2013 - 03:12 AM

I got an error too. I decided to add more photos to the gallery (took with my new camera this weekend) and got an "warning, out of space for uploads" error. So I tried making a new album and got the same error.

#18 Guest_Kanus_*

Guest_Kanus_*
  • Guests

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:32 AM

I was wondering about my latest post in 2012 - Year of the fish: A number of the last few photos I linked to in the post don't show up in the post except as hyperlinks to the photos, rather than showing the photos in the post. Is that due to a certain cap on the number of photos in a given post (which I can imagine due to spam protection and such) or is it a limit on the number of photos that can be loaded on a given page? Should I break a post into multiple posts if it contains more than X pictures?

#19 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:52 AM

Kanus,

There is a limit to the number of photos that can go in a post... I think it is ten... not sure about that, but I know there is a limit.

Easy work around... keep it below the limit and create mulitple posts

#20 Michael Wolfe

Michael Wolfe
  • Board of Directors

Posted 13 August 2013 - 10:54 AM

Josh,

Let me look at your photo/memory limit. I think there is a memory space limit that you may be bumping up against.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users