Clean The Green, August 10th 2013

4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 30 July 2013 - 04:41 PM

August 10, 2013
Greensburg, Kentucky

The Nature Conservancy and the Kentucky Waterways Alliance are partnering to bring you the annual Clean the Green event. Mark your calendars today to help protect one of America’s most biologically diverse rivers!

Attendees will canoe on the Green River, picking up trash and debris along the way.

Canoes and trash bags will be provided to individuals who RSVP. Canoes are limited and will be assigned to individuals on a first come, first serve basis.
Individuals who RSVP will also be entered into our annual kayak giveaway!

Lunch will be served to all event attendees. Attendees are encouraged to bring their own water bottles. There will be hydration stations at the park for you to fill your bottle prior to float launch.

Space is limited for each float route, so sign up today to confirm your route preference. Once canoes are booked, participants will be expected to provide their own canoes for the day.

https://support.natu...Tickets&id=4621

I will be going again this year and will be setting up my native fish aquarium, and NANFA information. Come out and support this cause. I may be going snorkeling post clean-up, but I'm not 100% on this yet.

#2 mattknepley

mattknepley
  • NANFA Member
  • Smack-dab between the Savannah and the Saluda.

Posted 30 July 2013 - 05:54 PM

Sounds like a good "good-for-our-waters time". If I lived in KY (and didn't work Saturdays) I'd be seriously thinking about going. Then again, a wet exit with bags o' trash isn't anything I need to humor the world with...
Matt Knepley
"No thanks, a third of a gopher would merely arouse my appetite..."

#3 Guest_jblaylock_*

Guest_jblaylock_*
  • Guests

Posted 02 August 2013 - 07:57 AM

Anyone want to go?

#4 Guest_Casper_*

Guest_Casper_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:00 PM

How did it go Josh?

Our Tennessee River Clean up is the first Saturday of October. Their 25th year, and we will have 25 locations. A new site has been added behind my home overlooking Audubon Acres, you know where South Chick flows full of Warpaints, River Chubs and Redlines.

#5 Guest_Irate Mormon_*

Guest_Irate Mormon_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 August 2013 - 10:43 PM

Can't go - Leo Kottke concert in Jackson :-)

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users